DVD Playback Vista Ultimate

Mirika

DVD Playback Vista Ultimate
I cannot get any dvds to play properly, the picurte is not displayed on any
player I have tried, sound yes, picture no. This applies to any video file as
well as dvds.

I have downloaded codec after codec still no joy and have the Nvidia decoder
installed.

Any ideas as to why and what I can do about it

I know that some versions of Vista do not have the codec in MP11, you would
have thouht the full blown suppsoedly super duper version would have.

IN the UK we have a law called the Trades Description Act as MP11 is been
shipped as capable of playing DVDs and quite clearly cannot on its own
without some extra expense plugin, it could be argued that it falls foul of
the fit for purpsose clauses in that law as it is not fit puprose on its own.

John Inzer

Re: DVD Playback Vista Ultimate
Mirika wrote:
> I cannot get any dvds to play properly, the picurte is not displayed
> on any player I have tried, sound yes, picture no. This applies to
> any video file as well as dvds.
>
> I have downloaded codec after codec still no joy and have the Nvidia
> decoder installed.
>
> Any ideas as to why and what I can do about it
>
> I know that some versions of Vista do not have the codec in MP11, you
> would have thouht the full blown suppsoedly super duper version would
> have.
>
> IN the UK we have a law called the Trades Description Act as MP11 is
> been shipped as capable of playing DVDs and quite clearly cannot on
> its own without some extra expense plugin, it could be argued that it
> falls foul of the fit for purpsose clauses in that law as it is not
> fit puprose on its own.

==================================
Maybe you need to install an updated video driver.

Also...the following free player might be worth a try:

VideoLAN VLC media player
http://www.videolan.org/

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Mirika

Re: DVD Playback Vista Ultimate
Already tried VLC, havent changed the gpu drives though, what difference will
that make, the drivers are fairly up to date. I have even tried Klite and the
Classic Media player.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Mirika wrote:
> > I cannot get any dvds to play properly, the picurte is not displayed
> > on any player I have tried, sound yes, picture no. This applies to
> > any video file as well as dvds.
> >
> > I have downloaded codec after codec still no joy and have the Nvidia
> > decoder installed.
> >
> > Any ideas as to why and what I can do about it
> >
> > I know that some versions of Vista do not have the codec in MP11, you
> > would have thouht the full blown suppsoedly super duper version would
> > have.
> >
> > IN the UK we have a law called the Trades Description Act as MP11 is
> > been shipped as capable of playing DVDs and quite clearly cannot on
> > its own without some extra expense plugin, it could be argued that it
> > falls foul of the fit for purpsose clauses in that law as it is not
> > fit puprose on its own.

> ==================================
> Maybe you need to install an updated video driver.
>
> Also...the following free player might be worth a try:
>
> VideoLAN VLC media player
> http://www.videolan.org/
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Mirika

Re: DVD Playback Vista Ultimate
Updating the GPU driver has done it, thanks overlooked the simplest thing.

Mirika wrote:
> Updating the GPU driver has done it, thanks overlooked the simplest
> thing.

============================
Excellent!

Thanks for the update.