Media Center and leadtek analog TV

mike_s

Media Center and leadtek analog TV
Trying to set up Media Center with my TV card Media center "download the
lastest setup" but it never does The only setup option it gives me is digital
antenna. I just want good old fashioned analog cable. The leadtek software
works good but i would like to use media center. My old Twinhan card I got
for $9.99 worked, but vista doesnt support it, so I shelled out $80 for a
card off of the supported hardware list. I'm not the only one either I've
seen posts elseware people with the same problem.
JW

Re: Media Center and leadtek analog TV
I think the problem is that just because a card is on the MC supported
hardware list does not mean that all of the functionality of the card is
supported. Apparently the card you have and its driver do not support
encoded analog channels so only the digital tuner which requires an antenna
is supported.
"mike_s" <mikes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to set up Media Center with my TV card Media center "download the
> lastest setup" but it never does The only setup option it gives me is
> digital
> antenna. I just want good old fashioned analog cable. The leadtek
> software
> works good but i would like to use media center. My old Twinhan card I
> got
> for $9.99 worked, but vista doesnt support it, so I shelled out $80 for a
> card off of the supported hardware list. I'm not the only one either I've
> seen posts elseware people with the same problem.

jimdunk

RE: Media Center and leadtek analog TV
I have exactly the same problem using a Kworld ATSC 115 tuner.

"mike_s" wrote:

> Trying to set up Media Center with my TV card Media center "download the
> lastest setup" but it never does The only setup option it gives me is digital
> antenna. I just want good old fashioned analog cable. The leadtek software
> works good but i would like to use media center. My old Twinhan card I got
> for $9.99 worked, but vista doesnt support it, so I shelled out $80 for a
> card off of the supported hardware list. I'm not the only one either I've
> seen posts elseware people with the same problem.

JW

Re: Media Center and leadtek analog TV
Your card also appears to be a hybrid card which means that it can not
support analog and digital channels concurrently therefore MC will not let
you configure for both and is not letting you pick the analog tuner possibly
because you have not installed the software encoder that came with your
card.
"jimdunk" <jimdunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have exactly the same problem using a Kworld ATSC 115 tuner.
>
> "mike_s" wrote:
>
>> Trying to set up Media Center with my TV card Media center "download the
>> lastest setup" but it never does The only setup option it gives me is
>> digital
>> antenna. I just want good old fashioned analog cable. The leadtek
>> software
>> works good but i would like to use media center. My old Twinhan card I
>> got
>> for $9.99 worked, but vista doesnt support it, so I shelled out $80 for a
>> card off of the supported hardware list. I'm not the only one either
>> I've
>> seen posts elseware people with the same problem.

jimdunk

Re: Media Center and leadtek analog TV
You are correct, that fixed it. Thank you.

"JW" wrote:

> Your card also appears to be a hybrid card which means that it can not
> support analog and digital channels concurrently therefore MC will not let
> you configure for both and is not letting you pick the analog tuner possibly
> because you have not installed the software encoder that came with your
> card.
> "jimdunk" <jimdunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have exactly the same problem using a Kworld ATSC 115 tuner.
> >
> > "mike_s" wrote:
> >
> >> Trying to set up Media Center with my TV card Media center "download the
> >> lastest setup" but it never does The only setup option it gives me is
> >> digital
> >> antenna. I just want good old fashioned analog cable. The leadtek
> >> software
> >> works good but i would like to use media center. My old Twinhan card I
> >> got
> >> for $9.99 worked, but vista doesnt support it, so I shelled out $80 for a
> >> card off of the supported hardware list. I'm not the only one either
> >> I've
> >> seen posts elseware people with the same problem.

wapdoggie

Re: Media Center and leadtek analog TV

Is there any way of getting MCE to recognise the analog port on this
card? Are there any other compatible drivers that might work? If so, do
you know if they would affect the use of the remote?

Thanks.

--
wapdoggie