Redownload Media Player 11

Lazylady

Redownload Media Player 11
I want to know if I can re-download player 11 to restore a DRM file that
seems to have gone missing. Downloaded 8 songs from Puretracks, and they
won't play. They say missing media usage rights. Comapny rep has e-mailed
several fix's, but nothing has worked. They now say I need to re-install
Player 11. Will this work?
Can I download an older version like Player 10? Also tried to place the
songs in Real Jukebox. They wouldn't play there either.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Redownload Media Player 11

No, this isn't possible.

Under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu option, what Indiv
Level does it say that you are at?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Lazylady" <Lazylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know if I can re-download player 11 to restore a DRM file that
> seems to have gone missing. Downloaded 8 songs from Puretracks, and they
> won't play. They say missing media usage rights. Comapny rep has e-mailed
> several fix's, but nothing has worked. They now say I need to re-install
> Player 11. Will this work?
> Can I download an older version like Player 10? Also tried to place the
> songs in Real Jukebox. They wouldn't play there either.

Lazylady

Re: Redownload Media Player 11
Says I have version 11.0.6000.6344. if that is what you are asking.
I did see a file: drmv.2clt.dll-would this have anything to do with the
license problem? I know the "missing media rights usage" has to do with the
DRM files.
"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> No, this isn't possible.
>
> Under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu option, what Indiv
> Level does it say that you are at?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Lazylady" <Lazylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to know if I can re-download player 11 to restore a DRM file that
> > seems to have gone missing. Downloaded 8 songs from Puretracks, and they
> > won't play. They say missing media usage rights. Comapny rep has e-mailed
> > several fix's, but nothing has worked. They now say I need to re-install
> > Player 11. Will this work?
> > Can I download an older version like Player 10? Also tried to place the
> > songs in Real Jukebox. They wouldn't play there either.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Redownload Media Player 11

There's specifically an "Indiv Level" value in that page - what is the value
for that? It should be towards the top of the page.

The other data isn't relevant - all that's interesting right now is the
Indiv Level, which should be illuminative. =)
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
may also help here. =)

--

> Says I have version 11.0.6000.6344. if that is what you are asking.
> I did see a file: drmv.2clt.dll-would this have anything to do with the
> license problem? I know the "missing media rights usage" has to do with
> the
> DRM files.
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> No, this isn't possible.
>>
>> Under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu option, what
>> Indiv
>> Level does it say that you are at?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Lazylady" <Lazylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to know if I can re-download player 11 to restore a DRM file that
>> > seems to have gone missing. Downloaded 8 songs from Puretracks, and
>> > they
>> > won't play. They say missing media usage rights. Comapny rep has
>> > e-mailed
>> > several fix's, but nothing has worked. They now say I need to
>> > re-install
>> > Player 11. Will this work?
>> > Can I download an older version like Player 10? Also tried to place the
>> > songs in Real Jukebox. They wouldn't play there either.

Lazylady

Re: Redownload Media Player 11
Completely blank. Both at that area and the DRM version. Don't know what you
can do with this info, but it is totally not there.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> There's specifically an "Indiv Level" value in that page - what is the value
> for that? It should be towards the top of the page.
>
> The other data isn't relevant - all that's interesting right now is the
> Indiv Level, which should be illuminative. =)
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
> may also help here. =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Lazylady" <Lazylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Says I have version 11.0.6000.6344. if that is what you are asking.
> > I did see a file: drmv.2clt.dll-would this have anything to do with the
> > license problem? I know the "missing media rights usage" has to do with
> > the
> > DRM files.
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> No, this isn't possible.
> >>
> >> Under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu option, what
> >> Indiv
> >> Level does it say that you are at?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Redownload Media Player 11

Ah, then you haven't invid'd - the link I pointed you to should then be the
correct next step. =)

--

> Completely blank. Both at that area and the DRM version. Don't know what
> you
> can do with this info, but it is totally not there.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> There's specifically an "Indiv Level" value in that page - what is the
>> value
>> for that? It should be towards the top of the page.
>>
>> The other data isn't relevant - all that's interesting right now is the
>> Indiv Level, which should be illuminative. =)
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
>> may also help here. =)
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Lazylady" <Lazylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Says I have version 11.0.6000.6344. if that is what you are asking.
>> > I did see a file: drmv.2clt.dll-would this have anything to do with the
>> > license problem? I know the "missing media rights usage" has to do with
>> > the
>> > DRM files.

Lazylady

Re: Redownload Media Player 11
Sorry, but I followed the lead earlier. Got no where. 1st in the regedit.
steps didn't follow all the way down. No "Audio" File where it is supposed to
be
Do have DRM file under Microsoft folder and that is as far as it goes. I
followed a lead somewhere on your site to some info from microsoft and it
states that if you have changed your motherboard, cpu etc. recently, you
could lose or corrupt your DRM folder that way. Need to do something with the
Bios, take it backward, not sure I want to mess with this, but do truly
believe now that is what happened. Just got new motherboard put in few months
ago, but more importantly, Just had new hard drive and new single core
pentium processor installed. Think this may have caused my problem although
computer tech says no. what are your thoughts on this. Also any other
suggestions.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Ah, then you haven't invid'd - the link I pointed you to should then be the
> correct next step. =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Lazylady" <Lazylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Completely blank. Both at that area and the DRM version. Don't know what
> > you
> > can do with this info, but it is totally not there.
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> There's specifically an "Indiv Level" value in that page - what is the
> >> value
> >> for that? It should be towards the top of the page.
> >>
> >> The other data isn't relevant - all that's interesting right now is the
> >> Indiv Level, which should be illuminative. =)
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
> >> may also help here. =)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Redownload Media Player 11

Which computer tech? From what company?

You have a DRM corruption. If this link:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
doesn't help, you're going to need to contact actual product support to get
your DRM reset. They'll be telling you about that same information, though,
just likely more able to walk you through it.

--
> Sorry, but I followed the lead earlier. Got no where. 1st in the regedit.
> steps didn't follow all the way down. No "Audio" File where it is supposed
> be
> Do have DRM file under Microsoft folder and that is as far as it goes. I
> followed a lead somewhere on your site to some info from microsoft and it
> states that if you have changed your motherboard, cpu etc. recently, you
> could lose or corrupt your DRM folder that way. Need to do something with
> the
> Bios, take it backward, not sure I want to mess with this, but do truly
> believe now that is what happened. Just got new motherboard put in few
> months
> ago, but more importantly, Just had new hard drive and new single core
> pentium processor installed. Think this may have caused my problem
> although
> computer tech says no. what are your thoughts on this. Also any other
> suggestions.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Ah, then you haven't invid'd - the link I pointed you to should then be
>> the
>> correct next step. =)
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Lazylady" <Lazylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Completely blank. Both at that area and the DRM version. Don't know
>> > what
>> > you
>> > can do with this info, but it is totally not there.

Lazylady

Re: Redownload Media Player 11
Zach: I tried this before and got nowhere. Keep running into errors and
cannot do anything. What is your thought on doing the "DRM back" in the
registry file?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Ah, then you haven't invid'd - the link I pointed you to should then be the
> correct next step. =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Lazylady" <Lazylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Completely blank. Both at that area and the DRM version. Don't know what
> > you
> > can do with this info, but it is totally not there.
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> There's specifically an "Indiv Level" value in that page - what is the
> >> value
> >> for that? It should be towards the top of the page.
> >>
> >> The other data isn't relevant - all that's interesting right now is the
> >> Indiv Level, which should be illuminative. =)
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
> >> may also help here. =)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Redownload Media Player 11

If the published steps don't help you out, it would be time to contact
actual technical support who should be able to walk you through this pretty
easily. =\