WMP 11 won't burn right!

Tommy

WMP 11 won't burn right!
i just bought a new pc with windows vista pre-installed with windows media
player 11. when i burn a cd using windows media CENTER, it works fine. BUT,
when i burn a cd using windows media PLAYER, it won't work anywhere! anyone
have any idea as to what the heck is goin on?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!

What specifically happens?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Tommy" <Tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just bought a new pc with windows vista pre-installed with windows media
> player 11. when i burn a cd using windows media CENTER, it works fine.
> BUT,
> when i burn a cd using windows media PLAYER, it won't work anywhere!
> anyone
> have any idea as to what the heck is goin on?

Tommy

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!
The cd burner goes through all the motions of burning the cd. Afterwards i
can see the different shade on the cd where data was burned onto it. But
nothing recognizes the cd when i try to play it. The player just keeps
spinning the cd and sometimes it gets jammed. I tried it on the same pc that
burned it, a dvd player, a blu ray player, an hd dvd player and an xbox 360
and a car stereo. None of them recognized it.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What specifically happens?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Tommy" <Tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i just bought a new pc with windows vista pre-installed with windows media
> > player 11. when i burn a cd using windows media CENTER, it works fine.
> > BUT,
> > when i burn a cd using windows media PLAYER, it won't work anywhere!
> > anyone
> > have any idea as to what the heck is goin on?

Pbb321

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!

I too am having this issue... it seems that the disk is burning, and
i've determined that its not being finalized, thus not playing...

Any ideas?

--
Pbb321
KRK

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!
I've had the same problem, I got around it by using Ulead to burn dvds.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> What specifically happens?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
>
> "Tommy" <Tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>i just bought a new pc with windows vista pre-installed with windows media
>> player 11. when i burn a cd using windows media CENTER, it works fine.
>> BUT,
>> when i burn a cd using windows media PLAYER, it won't work anywhere!
>> anyone
>> have any idea as to what the heck is goin on?

Pbb321

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!

Just out of curiouosity, is anyone else who is having this issue using
a(n) lightscribe enabled drive? From what i've seen, this seems to be a
common factor....

--
Pbb321
Tommy

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!
at least i'm not the only one having this problem. hopefully microsoft is
aware of it and will fix it in the service pack.

"Pbb321" wrote:

> I too am having this issue... it seems that the disk is burning, and
> i've determined that its not being finalized, thus not playing...
>
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> Pbb321

Pbb321

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!

I've been running all of the betas, from the beginning to the RTM and so
far, no luck. I have another friend who is having the same issue, and
the only common denominator between us is the drive we're using. When i
swapped the drive with another, everything works fine, but when i but my
drive in anoter computer, it will not brun properly as well... leading
me to believe its a hardware issue.

Now that i think of it, it still did this after a few wipes of my drive
over the past few months...

--
Pbb321
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!

What drive do you two have?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Pbb321" <Pbb321.34tqjz@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I've been running all of the betas, from the beginning to the RTM and so
> far, no luck. I have another friend who is having the same issue, and
> the only common denominator between us is the drive we're using. When i
> swapped the drive with another, everything works fine, but when i but my
> drive in anoter computer, it will not brun properly as well... leading
> me to believe its a hardware issue.
>
> Now that i think of it, it still did this after a few wipes of my drive
> over the past few months...
>

> --
> Pbb321

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP 11 won't burn right!

What drive do you have?

In Explorer, does it show up correctly - such as with .CDA files on it?

Can you burn a data CD correctly using Explorer?