Changing the time in date photo taken

The Stoat

Changing the time in date photo taken
Hi all,

I have recently got Windows Vista and I'm pleased to be able to change 'date
picture taken' in my jpeg files with it. Unfortunately, this also sets the
'time' to the actual computer time. Windows Photo Gallery has an option to
change the time but this can only be done in increments of 1 hour. I would
like to be able to specify a particular time. Does anyone know if this can
be done in Windows or any other software.

Thanks for any help,

Matt.
Edward

Re: Changing the time in date photo taken

"The Stoat" <TheStoat@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently got Windows Vista and I'm pleased to be able to change
> 'date
> picture taken' in my jpeg files with it. Unfortunately, this also sets
> the
> 'time' to the actual computer time. Windows Photo Gallery has an option
> change the time but this can only be done in increments of 1 hour. I
> would
> like to be able to specify a particular time. Does anyone know if this
> can
> be done in Windows or any other software.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Matt.

in Explorer: right click photo > properties >Details > highlight the line
you want to change and start typing. A little window appears in which you
can change/add text >click OK

Dave

Re: Changing the time in date photo taken
Exactly how are you changing the date?

When I change the Date Taken, the Time Taken doesn't seem to change.

In WPG and in WLPG, I can change the Time Taken to the hour, minute &
second.
In the Info pane, on the right side.
Click on the Time
then click on the hour or minute or second or am/pm to change that field

http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"The Stoat" <TheStoat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently got Windows Vista and I'm pleased to be able to change
> 'date
> picture taken' in my jpeg files with it. Unfortunately, this also sets
> the
> 'time' to the actual computer time. Windows Photo Gallery has an option
> change the time but this can only be done in increments of 1 hour. I
> would
> like to be able to specify a particular time. Does anyone know if this
> can
> be done in Windows or any other software.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Matt.

The Stoat

RE: Changing the time in date photo taken
Edward,

Thanks for the feedback, however, I've tried that and alll I can do is
change the date, not the time. Maybe I'm missing something!

Dave,

Spot on! I didn't know you could change the time in the right hand pane!
Mny thanks!