Removing WMP visualizations

BoatsOB

Removing WMP visualizations
I installed some visualizations that I don't want. The options menu doesn't
allow me to remove them. I can go to the directory and delete .dll's and
such, but that doesn't take them off the visualization list. Is there a
better way to safely and completely remove these.
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Removing WMP visualizations
Look in Control Panel - "Programs and Features" list and uninstall the plugin from there.

If the plugin is not listed, use one of these methods:

Option 1:

Open WMP, click Tools, Options, Plug-ins
Select the Visualization and click "Remove"

Option 2:

Open a Command Prompt window and navigate to the "Visualizations" folder by typing the following command:

CD /d "%programfiles%\Windows Media Player\Visualizations"

Press {ENTER}

Type DIR to get the directory listing, and spot the .DLL file for the Visualization that you want to remove. (For example, blaze.dll)

Type the following command to uninstall that visualization:

regsvr32 /u <filename.dll>

After unregistering that DLL, simply delete it.

--
Regards,

"BoatsOB" <BoatsOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26EBE02B-AB27-40CB-AD26-9D08602203C5@microsoft.com...
I installed some visualizations that I don't want. The options menu doesn't
allow me to remove them. I can go to the directory and delete .dll's and
such, but that doesn't take them off the visualization list. Is there a
better way to safely and completely remove these.
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Removing WMP visualizations
How to uninstall a Visualization from Windows Media Player:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ia-Player.html

--
Regards,