DVDs burned with Windows DVD Maker (Vista) play fine, but then fai

monkeyclumps

DVDs burned with Windows DVD Maker (Vista) play fine, but then fai
every DVD I burn with DVD Maker plays fine for about 7 or 8 chapters and then
the picture gets all messed up digitally and ultimately my player gives me a
'CANNOT READ DISC' error message. The movies play fine on my computer
through the DVD drive or even just the video files themselves. It's making
me crazy. Please help!
Graham Hughes

Re: DVDs burned with Windows DVD Maker (Vista) play fine, but then fai
Sounds like one of these is not compatible with your dvd player, as the disc
plays fine on your pc you have made it ok for that.
Type of disc +/- R/RW SL/DL
Brand of disc
bitrate used
filled the dvd
burned too fast, slower burn speeds make better discs

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"monkeyclumps" <monkeyclumps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every DVD I burn with DVD Maker plays fine for about 7 or 8 chapters and
> then
> the picture gets all messed up digitally and ultimately my player gives me
> 'CANNOT READ DISC' error message. The movies play fine on my computer
> through the DVD drive or even just the video files themselves. It's
> making
> me crazy. Please help!

monkeyclumps

Re: DVDs burned with Windows DVD Maker (Vista) play fine, but then
thanks for the reply. i probably should have mentioned in the initial post
that this is a new problem. i've burned numerous successful dvds that play
fine and without any hiccups. but this new problem is occurring consistently
on all movies burned in the past 2-3 weeks. i've had my computer since may
and never had any issues. it's strange because the first 7-8 chapters play
flawlessly, but every time, in chapter 8 (i think it's 8) the image gets all
pixelated and choppy and then the error message comes up. but when i pop it
into my computer, it plays fine.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Sounds like one of these is not compatible with your dvd player, as the disc
> plays fine on your pc you have made it ok for that.
> Type of disc +/- R/RW SL/DL
> Brand of disc
> bitrate used
> filled the dvd
> burned too fast, slower burn speeds make better discs
>

> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "monkeyclumps" <monkeyclumps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > every DVD I burn with DVD Maker plays fine for about 7 or 8 chapters and
> > then
> > the picture gets all messed up digitally and ultimately my player gives me
> > 'CANNOT READ DISC' error message. The movies play fine on my computer
> > through the DVD drive or even just the video files themselves. It's
> > making
> > me crazy. Please help!

Graham Hughes

Re: DVDs burned with Windows DVD Maker (Vista) play fine, but then
Still the same answers though I'm afraid, but I would also add that maybe
teh burner is failing or the dvd player to the list.
What discs did you use?
What bitrate?
how full is the disc?
What speed did you burn at?
Have you cleaned the dvd writer and player?