DVD playback volume is low

oblivious_chicken

DVD playback volume is low
I have vista home premium on a custom desktop. My cd audio works fine but
dvd is weak. I found this symptom in the forums:

SYMPTOMS
You insert a DVD disk to watch a movie on a Windows Vista-based portable
computer. You use Windows Media Player (Wmplayer.exe) or an application in
Windows Media Center (Ehshell.exe) to watch the movie. However, the overall
volume seems to be too low. For example, when you set maximum gain on all
volume controls that are available in the audio mixer, system sounds and CD
music playback are loud enough. However, DVD playback volume is still not
loud enough.

problem is the symptom says it's specifically for portable computers. I
don't figure it should matter but before downloading a hotfix or messing with
the registry i'd like some reassurance that it's safe to do so.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD playback volume is low

You could probably make the registry setting, try the results, and then if
you don't like the effect, it it doesn't help, you should be able to rename
the registry value or delete it and thus revert back to the original
behavior.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"oblivious_chicken" <oblivious_chicken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in