windows media player, problem

pavilion_alex

windows media player, problem
a few hours ago, suddenly when i open wmp and i go to the left side and click
the recently added items on the library (music,video,photo...) it says that
there are no items that have been added recently.
why it says that?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player, problem

"Recently Added" is a list of " items added to library in the past 30
days". If you didn't add anything to the library in the past 30 days, it
won't show anything. I would recommend the new Magnetic Fields CD, but then
again I really like them. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.

"pavilion_alex" <pavilionalex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>a few hours ago, suddenly when i open wmp and i go to the left side and
>click
> the recently added items on the library (music,video,photo...) it says
> that
> there are no items that have been added recently.
> why it says that?

pavilion_alex

Re: windows media player, problem
so if "recently added" button shows, the media that i have added recently to
the library, there couldn't be a problem if they don't appear anymore when i
press the button?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player, problem

There could - I was providing an indirect question: do you have content that
was added to the library in the past 30 days? Would you expect the
Recently Added menu to be showing content?

--

> so if "recently added" button shows, the media that i have added recently
> the library, there couldn't be a problem if they don't appear anymore when
> press the button?

pavilion_alex

Re: windows media player, problem
yes i added items 30 days ago, when i reinstalled windows.
and yesterday i converted a music cd to mp3 with wmp, but still the new
items don't exist in the "recently added".
zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player, problem

What are your system date settings? As in: is date set to be MM-DD-YYY on
your system, or what configuration is it set in?

If you build an auto-playlist with the criteria "content added in the past
30 days", does that work?

--
> yes i added items 30 days ago, when i reinstalled windows.
> and yesterday i converted a music cd to mp3 with wmp, but still the new
> items don't exist in the "recently added".

pavilion_alex

Re: windows media player, problem
the date system is like this: monday, 11 february 2008.

i have never created a playlist.
for example: when the windows installation and other stuff was finaly over,
i opened the player>library>and drag and drop the songs, and every other
media i had.
(sorry for the bad englidh)