Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo Galle

Kathleen

Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo Galle
I have a canon pixma mp500 running with my home version of windows vista.
Recently, I don't know when exactly, whenever I open a picture in windows
photo gallery 2 things happen - first nothing, like you didn't do anything at
all, then a couple minutes later an error message will pop up and say that
windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. It then
closes whatever folder was open and reopens it. The picture never prints.
If I print from Picasa or Photoshop everything works fine. I can print any
document, any webpage, etc - just not pictures from windows photo gallery. I
have tried this by opening the picture in the folder it's stored in as well
as opening windows photo gallery and selecting the picture in there - the
same thing happens both ways. Does anyone know what may have changed to
make this happen and/or how to correct it? Thanks for the help!
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo Galle

What's the fault information for this error according to the Problem Reports
and Solutions Center control panel?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a canon pixma mp500 running with my home version of windows vista.
> Recently, I don't know when exactly, whenever I open a picture in windows
> photo gallery 2 things happen - first nothing, like you didn't do anything
> at
> all, then a couple minutes later an error message will pop up and say that
> windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. It
> then
> closes whatever folder was open and reopens it. The picture never prints.
> If I print from Picasa or Photoshop everything works fine. I can print
> any
> document, any webpage, etc - just not pictures from windows photo gallery.
> have tried this by opening the picture in the folder it's stored in as
> well
> as opening windows photo gallery and selecting the picture in there - the
> same thing happens both ways. Does anyone know what may have changed to
> make this happen and/or how to correct it? Thanks for the help!

Kathleen

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo G
Sorry for the delayed response - I didn't even know there was a Problem and
Solutions Center but once I found it and located the error it didn't mean
anything to me so I copied what it said here. Does it mean anything to you?
Or did I look at the wrong thing?

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: bc75ff57
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 530517326

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What's the fault information for this error according to the Problem Reports
> and Solutions Center control panel?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a canon pixma mp500 running with my home version of windows vista.
> > Recently, I don't know when exactly, whenever I open a picture in windows
> > photo gallery 2 things happen - first nothing, like you didn't do anything
> > at
> > all, then a couple minutes later an error message will pop up and say that
> > windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. It
> > then
> > closes whatever folder was open and reopens it. The picture never prints.
> > If I print from Picasa or Photoshop everything works fine. I can print
> > any
> > document, any webpage, etc - just not pictures from windows photo gallery.
> > have tried this by opening the picture in the folder it's stored in as
> > well
> > as opening windows photo gallery and selecting the picture in there - the
> > same thing happens both ways. Does anyone know what may have changed to
> > make this happen and/or how to correct it? Thanks for the help!

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo G

Is sfsshell.dll on this system? Is so, what are the file properties for
that file?

--
> Sorry for the delayed response - I didn't even know there was a Problem
> and
> Solutions Center but once I found it and located the error it didn't mean
> anything to me so I copied what it said here. Does it mean anything to
> you?
> Or did I look at the wrong thing?
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: Explorer.EXE
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
> Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: bc75ff57
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 530517326
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What's the fault information for this error according to the Problem
>> Reports
>> and Solutions Center control panel?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a canon pixma mp500 running with my home version of windows
>> >vista.
>> > Recently, I don't know when exactly, whenever I open a picture in
>> > windows
>> > photo gallery 2 things happen - first nothing, like you didn't do
>> > anything
>> > at
>> > all, then a couple minutes later an error message will pop up and say
>> > that
>> > windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. It
>> > then
>> > closes whatever folder was open and reopens it. The picture never
>> > prints.
>> > If I print from Picasa or Photoshop everything works fine. I can print
>> > any
>> > document, any webpage, etc - just not pictures from windows photo
>> > gallery.
>> > have tried this by opening the picture in the folder it's stored in as
>> > well
>> > as opening windows photo gallery and selecting the picture in there -
>> > the
>> > same thing happens both ways. Does anyone know what may have changed
>> > make this happen and/or how to correct it? Thanks for the help!

Kathleen

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo G
I did not see it in the Task Manager or when I searched my computer. Should
it be running?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Is sfsshell.dll on this system? Is so, what are the file properties for
> that file?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry for the delayed response - I didn't even know there was a Problem
> > and
> > Solutions Center but once I found it and located the error it didn't mean
> > anything to me so I copied what it said here. Does it mean anything to
> > you?
> > Or did I look at the wrong thing?
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: Explorer.EXE
> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
> > Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
> > Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Offset: bc75ff57
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 1033
> > Additional Information 1: 8d13
> > Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> > Additional Information 3: 8d13
> > Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> >
> > Extra information about the problem
> > Bucket ID: 530517326
> >

> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> What's the fault information for this error according to the Problem
> >> Reports
> >> and Solutions Center control panel?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo G

It wouldn't be in Task Manager - it would be a random binary on your system
likely under the Program Files directory installed by some application. You
would likely need to turn off "hide system files" temporarily in order to
see it. =\

--
>I did not see it in the Task Manager or when I searched my computer.
>Should
> it be running?
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Is sfsshell.dll on this system? Is so, what are the file properties for
>> that file?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry for the delayed response - I didn't even know there was a Problem
>> > and
>> > Solutions Center but once I found it and located the error it didn't
>> > mean
>> > anything to me so I copied what it said here. Does it mean anything to
>> > you?
>> > Or did I look at the wrong thing?
>> >
>> > Problem signature
>> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> > Application Name: Explorer.EXE
>> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
>> > Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
>> > Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
>> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
>> > Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
>> > Exception Code: c0000005
>> > Exception Offset: bc75ff57
>> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
>> > Locale ID: 1033
>> > Additional Information 1: 8d13
>> > Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>> > Additional Information 3: 8d13
>> > Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>> >
>> > Extra information about the problem
>> > Bucket ID: 530517326

Kathleen

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo G
I hope you're still around Zach. Sorry for the delay - email got lost in my
inbox. Anyway, I have searched my entire computer and the search didn't find
that file. I did also make sure it searched all hidden files and folders.
Is there something else I can try/look for?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> It wouldn't be in Task Manager - it would be a random binary on your system
> likely under the Program Files directory installed by some application. You
> would likely need to turn off "hide system files" temporarily in order to
> see it. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I did not see it in the Task Manager or when I searched my computer.
> >Should
> > it be running?
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> Is sfsshell.dll on this system? Is so, what are the file properties for
> >> that file?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo G

Could you crash again, send in the crash report, and then provide the data
for the newer crash? That might help verify if it is indeed the same
crash...

--
>I hope you're still around Zach. Sorry for the delay - email got lost in
>my
> inbox. Anyway, I have searched my entire computer and the search didn't
> find
> that file. I did also make sure it searched all hidden files and folders.
> Is there something else I can try/look for?
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> It wouldn't be in Task Manager - it would be a random binary on your
>> system
>> likely under the Program Files directory installed by some application.
>> You
>> would likely need to turn off "hide system files" temporarily in order to
>> see it. =\
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I did not see it in the Task Manager or when I searched my computer.
>> >Should
>> > it be running?

Kathleen

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo G
Hi! I did and after about 5-10 minutes a pop up appeared that said Windows
Explorer has encountered an error. Windows Explorer is restarting. When I
looked at the Problem/Solution center it said:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: bc75ff57
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 530517326

This looks exactly the same as last time - even the timestamp. But at the
top of the screen it was today's date. I even downloaded the latest driver
for my printer and it didn't seem to make a difference. Thoughts?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Could you crash again, send in the crash report, and then provide the data
> for the newer crash? That might help verify if it is indeed the same
> crash...
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I hope you're still around Zach. Sorry for the delay - email got lost in
> >my
> > inbox. Anyway, I have searched my entire computer and the search didn't
> > find
> > that file. I did also make sure it searched all hidden files and folders.
> > Is there something else I can try/look for?
> >

> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> It wouldn't be in Task Manager - it would be a random binary on your
> >> system
> >> likely under the Program Files directory installed by some application.
> >> You
> >> would likely need to turn off "hide system files" temporarily in order to
> >> see it. =\
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows explorer shuts down when printing from Windows Photo G

Do you have the Yahoo! Toolbar installed?