duplicate imports / recently imported folder is empty

STAKED OUT

duplicate imports / recently imported folder is empty
I know that you cannot select images to be imported in the Windows Photo
Gallery because it is supposed to detect the recently imported photos and not
import photos that have already been imported. However, my recently imported
folder is always empty and when I import photos, it imports all of them. I,
therefore, end up with duplicate copies. How can I make it save in the
recently imported folders so I don't end up with these duplicates? Thank you
in advance.
Dave

Re: duplicate imports / recently imported folder is empty
Use the newer Windows Live Photo Gallery, it works much better.

http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"STAKED OUT" <STAKED OUT @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know that you cannot select images to be imported in the Windows Photo
> Gallery because it is supposed to detect the recently imported photos and
> not
> import photos that have already been imported. However, my recently
> imported
> folder is always empty and when I import photos, it imports all of them.
> I,
> therefore, end up with duplicate copies. How can I make it save in the
> recently imported folders so I don't end up with these duplicates? Thank
> you
> in advance.

Bob

Re: duplicate imports / recently imported folder is empty
When you transfer photos to your PC you are given the option to choose a
folder.

"STAKED OUT" <STAKED OUT @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know that you cannot select images to be imported in the Windows Photo
> Gallery because it is supposed to detect the recently imported photos and
> not
> import photos that have already been imported. However, my recently
> imported
> folder is always empty and when I import photos, it imports all of them.
> I,
> therefore, end up with duplicate copies. How can I make it save in the
> recently imported folders so I don't end up with these duplicates? Thank
> you
> in advance.

STAKED OUT

Re: duplicate imports / recently imported folder is empty
I downloaded the Windows Live Photo Gallery. Do you know how I can make it
open when I hit Pictures in the start up menu? Do I need to uninstall
Windows Photo Gallery?

"Dave" wrote:

> Use the newer Windows Live Photo Gallery, it works much better.
>
> http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview
>

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "STAKED OUT" <STAKED OUT @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I know that you cannot select images to be imported in the Windows Photo
> > Gallery because it is supposed to detect the recently imported photos and
> > not
> > import photos that have already been imported. However, my recently
> > imported
> > folder is always empty and when I import photos, it imports all of them.
> > I,
> > therefore, end up with duplicate copies. How can I make it save in the
> > recently imported folders so I don't end up with these duplicates? Thank
> > you
> > in advance.

Dave

Re: duplicate imports / recently imported folder is empty
When you click on Start - Pictures it just takes you to that folder, WLPG
shouldn't start up.
If you want it to start up when you double-click on an image file, then got
Start - Default Programs - Set your default programs
Click on WLPG and then on Choose defaults for this program. Select which
file types you want WLPG to open.
On my system, it opens 11 out of 28.... and WPG has none of the defaults.

You can't uninstall WPG, as it's part of Vista.