Photo Gallery is Dark and Ugly??

OpeXp

Photo Gallery is Dark and Ugly??
Hi All,
I have a question that has just been bugging me for some time and I thougth
I would ask.
On my laptop (Vista 32bit) Photo Gallery runs just fine.

On my Desktop (vista 64bit) Photo Gallery is yellow-ee and dark......
I don't think it's always been this way, I have it in my head that it
happened during a picture fix or something.

Do Any of you guys know how to fix this???
Thanks for any and all help in advance
Op
John Inzer

Re: Photo Gallery is Dark and Ugly??
OpeXp wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a question that has just been bugging me for some time and I
> thougth I would ask.
> On my laptop (Vista 32bit) Photo Gallery runs just fine.
>
> On my Desktop (vista 64bit) Photo Gallery is yellow-ee and dark......
> I don't think it's always been this way, I have it in my head that it
> happened during a picture fix or something.
>
> Do Any of you guys know how to fix this???
> Thanks for any and all help in advance
> Op

==================================
Have a look at the following articles:

(939395) When you view an image in Windows
Photo Gallery on a Windows Vista-based computer,
the image is yellow
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939395/en-us

Why do my photos have an odd color cast in
the Photo Gallery (but look fine in the XP Picture
and Fax Viewer and IE)?
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx#q6

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

OpeXp

Re: Photo Gallery is Dark and Ugly??
Hey,
John,
Your the Man!!!
It totally worked... I have been searching and searching for the fix. I'm
sure the color profile came in with a hardware update for my monitor and
articla 939395 fixed my problem. I took it slow and did the instructions one
step at a time making a system restore point before I started.
My screen (Samsung SyncMaster 205bw) has never looked better.
I can't thank you enough. I can now use Windows Gallery!!!!
Thanks for your hard work here. Without you volunteering here alot of us
would be in trouble :-)
Op

OpeXp wrote:
> Hey,
> John,
> Your the Man!!!
> It totally worked... I have been searching and searching for the fix.
> I'm sure the color profile came in with a hardware update for my
> monitor and articla 939395 fixed my problem. I took it slow and did
> the instructions one step at a time making a system restore point
> before I started.
> My screen (Samsung SyncMaster 205bw) has never looked better.
> I can't thank you enough. I can now use Windows Gallery!!!!
> Thanks for your hard work here. Without you volunteering here alot
> of us would be in trouble :-)
> Op

====================================
You're welcome.