WMP11 SRS WOW does not work with 96Khz and 192Khz sample output ra

pgruebele

WMP11 SRS WOW does not work with 96Khz and 192Khz sample output ra
When my audio device is set to use 96 or 192Khz sample rates, WMP11 works
fine except when I enable SRS WOW. No sound will come out or WMP11 will
crash.

It seems to me that 96/192 hardware is quite common these days and all WMP11
plugins should support it (equalizer etc do support it).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP11 SRS WOW does not work with 96Khz and 192Khz sample output ra

What are the crash details according to the Problem Reports and Solutions
center control panel?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
has how to look that up if you don't know how.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"pgruebele" <pgruebele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE9B4E30-483C-4B42-8A8E-DB3BCC11795B@microsoft.com...
> When my audio device is set to use 96 or 192Khz sample rates, WMP11 works
> fine except when I enable SRS WOW. No sound will come out or WMP11 will
> crash.
>
> It seems to me that 96/192 hardware is quite common these days and all
> WMP11
> plugins should support it (equalizer etc do support it).
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...pictures_video

pgruebele

Re: WMP11 SRS WOW does not work with 96Khz and 192Khz sample outpu
Actually I cannot get it to crash right now. However, when an output device
with 96/192Khz is active, WMP11 appears to play songs but with no sound.
Also, the progress bar for the song moves very slowly (and staggers) compared
to playing a song at 48Khz. It sort of staggers. So in addition to no
sound, the progress bar behaves abnormally.

Anyway, this happens on several computers so it should be pretty easy for
you to duplicate...

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What are the crash details according to the Problem Reports and Solutions
> center control panel?
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> has how to look that up if you don't know how.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "pgruebele" <pgruebele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsE9B4E30-483C-4B42-8A8E-DB3BCC11795B@microsoft.com...
> > When my audio device is set to use 96 or 192Khz sample rates, WMP11 works
> > fine except when I enable SRS WOW. No sound will come out or WMP11 will
> > crash.
> >
> > It seems to me that 96/192 hardware is quite common these days and all
> > WMP11
> > plugins should support it (equalizer etc do support it).
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...pictures_video

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP11 SRS WOW does not work with 96Khz and 192Khz sample outpu

I suspect I don't have the same configuration you have - what audio device
are you using?

I'm not generally equipped to duplicate various problems on my own machines.
=\

--

> Actually I cannot get it to crash right now. However, when an output
> device
> with 96/192Khz is active, WMP11 appears to play songs but with no sound.
> Also, the progress bar for the song moves very slowly (and staggers)
> compared
> to playing a song at 48Khz. It sort of staggers. So in addition to no
> sound, the progress bar behaves abnormally.
>
> Anyway, this happens on several computers so it should be pretty easy for
> you to duplicate...
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What are the crash details according to the Problem Reports and Solutions
>> center control panel?
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>> has how to look that up if you don't know how.
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "pgruebele" <pgruebele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsE9B4E30-483C-4B42-8A8E-DB3BCC11795B@microsoft.com...
>> > When my audio device is set to use 96 or 192Khz sample rates, WMP11
>> > works
>> > fine except when I enable SRS WOW. No sound will come out or WMP11
>> > will
>> > crash.
>> >
>> > It seems to me that 96/192 hardware is quite common these days and all
>> > WMP11
>> > plugins should support it (equalizer etc do support it).
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...pictures_video

pgruebele

Re: WMP11 SRS WOW does not work with 96Khz and 192Khz sample outpu
I have three Different computers and on each of them this happens. To
duplicate the problem you simply need an output device capable of 96Khz
output, which many built-in chips as well as most separate audio cards these
days support. The sound control panel applet lets you set this. If the
96Khz option is not available, chances are it is because you are using a
generic driver for your sound device and installing a third party driver will
give you that option...

One of my computers has an Envy24 chip based sound board. The other has an
"HDA" audio device (which has a MS driver only). The other I don't have
handy.

I hope that helps... the WOW feature in WMP11 is really nice. There must
be a lot of customers who are confused by the behaviour when using 96Khz
output....

Regards

Philip

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> I suspect I don't have the same configuration you have - what audio device
> are you using?
>
> I'm not generally equipped to duplicate various problems on my own machines.
> =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "pgruebele" <pgruebele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Actually I cannot get it to crash right now. However, when an output
> > device
> > with 96/192Khz is active, WMP11 appears to play songs but with no sound.
> > Also, the progress bar for the song moves very slowly (and staggers)
> > compared
> > to playing a song at 48Khz. It sort of staggers. So in addition to no
> > sound, the progress bar behaves abnormally.
> >
> > Anyway, this happens on several computers so it should be pretty easy for
> > you to duplicate...
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> What are the crash details according to the Problem Reports and Solutions
> >> center control panel?
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> >> has how to look that up if you don't know how.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.
> >> --
> >>
> >> "pgruebele" <pgruebele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsE9B4E30-483C-4B42-8A8E-DB3BCC11795B@microsoft.com...

Myoung6825

Re: WMP11 SRS WOW does not work with 96Khz and 192Khz sample output ra

I would really like to hear more on this problem i am having the same
thing happen on my Acer Aspire 5100. i have a Realtek HD Audio Mangaer
on my system that came on it from the store and didnt used to have the
problem but the auto update instald new drivers for it and by the time i
realized there was a problem the restore point was gone so if there is a
fix for this plz let me know.

my SRS will work with all 16bit configs and 3 of the 24 bit configs but
will not work with 24 bit 96000hz, 24 bit 192000hz, and 32bit 192000hz.

--
Myoung6825