General compatibility with Windows Vista

=?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZCB3aXRoIFZpc3Rh?=

General compatibility with Windows Vista
Man I am so frustrated! Nothing seems to work with windows Vista! I just
Bought Pinnacle 10.6, doesn't work right. I have a Sony Mini disc player,
the software is not compatable with Windows Vista. I have a Sony Digital
Video Camera DCR-TRV480 the software and camera are not compatible with
Windows Vista. I am trying to play on one of my favorite websights, NLOP.com
it doesn't work either. Why are there so many periphials that don't work
with Windows Vista? Did Microsoft know this and just figured screw everyone
that has any electronics or software over a year old?

Before you sell your product why don't you work the bugs out and make it
compatible with all the still useful software and electronics that people
paid good money for?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: General compatibility with Windows Vista
Personally, I think the question should be "Why does Sony make so much
non-standard stuff?"

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"frustrated with Vista" <frustrated with Vista@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:9DC12C83-050A-4A86-9D5A-D14D5EF4CA40@microsoft.com...
> Man I am so frustrated! Nothing seems to work with windows Vista! I just
> Bought Pinnacle 10.6, doesn't work right. I have a Sony Mini disc player,
> the software is not compatable with Windows Vista. I have a Sony Digital
> Video Camera DCR-TRV480 the software and camera are not compatible with
> Windows Vista. I am trying to play on one of my favorite websights,
> NLOP.com
> it doesn't work either. Why are there so many periphials that don't work
> with Windows Vista? Did Microsoft know this and just figured screw
> everyone
> that has any electronics or software over a year old?
>
> Before you sell your product why don't you work the bugs out and make it
> compatible with all the still useful software and electronics that people
> paid good money for?
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video

Art

Re: General compatibility with Windows Vista
First of all, I think MS makes conscious business decisions on what they do
and don't support out of the box. They can't possibly support everything.
So they go for the low-hanging fruit (stuff based upon accepted
industry-wide standards) and get to the other if they can.

I have a lot of Sony stuff. It just works and keeps working. As a Sony
purchaser I understand that my Memory Stick is proprietary to Sony. But it
works great in my Sony camera. My Sony DVD player gives a great picture on
my Sony TV. My Sony camcorder (not digital) does great movies, and on and
on... I will be buying a Blu-Ray player soon (you guessed it, Sony).

Sometimes I get frustrated with the proprietary crap I have to deal with (my
Sony cell phone gave me fits at first) but I figure it's the price I pay for
buying Sony (and I can live with that since it works great and gives me
great quality calls and pictures, the bluetooth is the best I've seen). I
don't think Sony should move away from their proprietary stuff, that's part
of what makes Sonys work so well.

I do think consumers have to realize that with Sony :

1) you pay too much and

2) there's a chance it wont be compatible with other stuff and

3) it will generally be dependable and work as advertised and

4) it will generall be high quality

You usually get 3 and 4 if you can live with 1 and 2.

Art

"Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
> Personally, I think the question should be "Why does Sony make so much
> non-standard stuff?"
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "frustrated with Vista" <frustrated with Vista@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>> Man I am so frustrated! Nothing seems to work with windows Vista! I
>> just
>> Bought Pinnacle 10.6, doesn't work right. I have a Sony Mini disc
>> player,
>> the software is not compatable with Windows Vista. I have a Sony Digital
>> Video Camera DCR-TRV480 the software and camera are not compatible with
>> Windows Vista. I am trying to play on one of my favorite websights,
>> NLOP.com
>> it doesn't work either. Why are there so many periphials that don't work
>> with Windows Vista? Did Microsoft know this and just figured screw
>> everyone
>> that has any electronics or software over a year old?
>>
>> Before you sell your product why don't you work the bugs out and make it
>> compatible with all the still useful software and electronics that people
>> paid good money for?
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video

Graham Hughes

Re: General compatibility with Windows Vista
It is not for Micorsoft to make Sony's, Adobe's, Uleads, or anyone else's
hardware/software work with Vista.

You either stick with XP and use your equipemnt or move to vista and hassle
the manufacturers for the drivers etc you need.

The Op's cam should work if using firewire, perhaps he'd like to expand on
the rpoblem he has and we might be able to fix it???????????????

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Art" <dont@email.me> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> that has any electronics or software over a year old?
>>>
>>> Before you sell your product why don't you work the bugs out and make it
>>> compatible with all the still useful software and electronics that
>>> people
>>> paid good money for?
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>>> "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>>> this
>>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>>> then
>>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video

Art

Re: General compatibility with Windows Vista
I didn't say it was Microsoft's place to make Sony's hardware/software work.
You've been answering too many flames. I was actually defending Microsoft
as making prudent business decisions. It wouldn't be in their stockholders
best interests (or the majority of their customers best interest) for them
to get mired down in every driver and try to be everything to everyone. I
like Vista, I held off buying 2 computers until it's release because I
wanted to make sure I had the hardware to run it.

Art

"Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
> It is not for Micorsoft to make Sony's, Adobe's, Uleads, or anyone else's
> hardware/software work with Vista.
>
> You either stick with XP and use your equipemnt or move to vista and
> hassle the manufacturers for the drivers etc you need.
>
> The Op's cam should work if using firewire, perhaps he'd like to expand on
> the rpoblem he has and we might be able to fix it???????????????
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Art" <dont@email.me> wrote in message
>> First of all, I think MS makes conscious business decisions on what they
>> do and don't support out of the box. They can't possibly support
>> everything. So they go for the low-hanging fruit (stuff based upon
>> accepted industry-wide standards) and get to the other if they can.
>>
>> I have a lot of Sony stuff. It just works and keeps working. As a Sony
>> purchaser I understand that my Memory Stick is proprietary to Sony. But
>> it works great in my Sony camera. My Sony DVD player gives a great
>> picture on my Sony TV. My Sony camcorder (not digital) does great
>> movies, and on and on... I will be buying a Blu-Ray player soon (you
>> guessed it, Sony).
>>
>> Sometimes I get frustrated with the proprietary crap I have to deal with
>> (my Sony cell phone gave me fits at first) but I figure it's the price I
>> pay for buying Sony (and I can live with that since it works great and
>> gives me great quality calls and pictures, the bluetooth is the best I've
>> seen). I don't think Sony should move away from their proprietary stuff,
>> that's part of what makes Sonys work so well.
>>
>> I do think consumers have to realize that with Sony :
>>
>> 1) you pay too much and
>>
>> 2) there's a chance it wont be compatible with other stuff and
>>
>> 3) it will generally be dependable and work as advertised and
>>
>> 4) it will generall be high quality
>>
>> You usually get 3 and 4 if you can live with 1 and 2.
>>
>> Art
>>

>> "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
>>> Personally, I think the question should be "Why does Sony make so much
>>> non-standard stuff?"
>>>
>>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>>>
>>> "frustrated with Vista" <frustrated with

=?Utf-8?B?Smlt?=

Re: General compatibility with Windows Vista
I recently moved from XP Home to Vista Home. The problem I have is that I
was able to move over my pictures I don't seem to be able to send my new
pictures to my exsisting files and folders. It is a Fuji camera and does
send the photos to Vista its then I am unable to do anything with them.

"Art" wrote:

> I didn't say it was Microsoft's place to make Sony's hardware/software work.
> You've been answering too many flames. I was actually defending Microsoft
> as making prudent business decisions. It wouldn't be in their stockholders
> best interests (or the majority of their customers best interest) for them
> to get mired down in every driver and try to be everything to everyone. I
> like Vista, I held off buying 2 computers until it's release because I
> wanted to make sure I had the hardware to run it.
>
> Art
>

> "Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
> > It is not for Micorsoft to make Sony's, Adobe's, Uleads, or anyone else's
> > hardware/software work with Vista.
> >
> > You either stick with XP and use your equipemnt or move to vista and
> > hassle the manufacturers for the drivers etc you need.
> >
> > The Op's cam should work if using firewire, perhaps he'd like to expand on
> > the rpoblem he has and we might be able to fix it???????????????
> >
> > --
> >
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.myvideoproblems.com
> >

> > "Art" <dont@email.me> wrote in message
> >> First of all, I think MS makes conscious business decisions on what they
> >> do and don't support out of the box. They can't possibly support
> >> everything. So they go for the low-hanging fruit (stuff based upon
> >> accepted industry-wide standards) and get to the other if they can.
> >>
> >> I have a lot of Sony stuff. It just works and keeps working. As a Sony
> >> purchaser I understand that my Memory Stick is proprietary to Sony. But
> >> it works great in my Sony camera. My Sony DVD player gives a great
> >> picture on my Sony TV. My Sony camcorder (not digital) does great
> >> movies, and on and on... I will be buying a Blu-Ray player soon (you
> >> guessed it, Sony).
> >>
> >> Sometimes I get frustrated with the proprietary crap I have to deal with
> >> (my Sony cell phone gave me fits at first) but I figure it's the price I
> >> pay for buying Sony (and I can live with that since it works great and
> >> gives me great quality calls and pictures, the bluetooth is the best I've
> >> seen). I don't think Sony should move away from their proprietary stuff,
> >> that's part of what makes Sonys work so well.
> >>
> >> I do think consumers have to realize that with Sony :
> >>
> >> 1) you pay too much and
> >>
> >> 2) there's a chance it wont be compatible with other stuff and
> >>
> >> 3) it will generally be dependable and work as advertised and
> >>
> >> 4) it will generall be high quality
> >>
> >> You usually get 3 and 4 if you can live with 1 and 2.
> >>
> >> Art

cabal

Re: General compatibility with Windows Vista

Microsoft seems to be forgetting the rules of marketing
1) the customer is always right
2) in the rare event that the customer is not right, refer to rule 1

trying to bully your way is referred to as "abusive use of a market
dominant position" which is leading to lawsuits against the company.

IBM tried to lock in customers and the mainframe went the way of the
dinosaurs

Unfortunately for Henry Ford, history is not all BUNK and it repeats
itself!

Customers have lots of legacy software and hardware and it is unlikely
that they will dump it because one vendor decides to make an
incompatible OS
If enough customers are frustrated with VISTA, someone else is bound to
pick up the tab - GOOGLE??

--
cabal
cabal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23705