embedded media kicking me off network

Trey Fitzgerald

embedded media kicking me off network
When going to a site, such as www.kdge.com and or a HD radio site and
clicking on the ""LISTEN"" NOW link, or... they also post their last 10
played, if I wanted to listen to a song, and I click on the link, everything
start to look like its working.
then suddenly, I am kick off the internet, to the point where I have to
unplug the modem, router and in some cases re-start the entire PC.
going to this site or anything with my XP machine works fine.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: embedded media kicking me off network

Historically that has meant that the router or modem has a compatibility
issue. Have you checked for new router firmware?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Trey Fitzgerald" <TreyFitzgerald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3EDB23FB-DBB3-46DA-B3C7-A23EC5622A26@microsoft.com...
> When going to a site, such as www.kdge.com and or a HD radio site and
> clicking on the ""LISTEN"" NOW link, or... they also post their last 10
> played, if I wanted to listen to a song, and I click on the link,
> everything
> start to look like its working.
> then suddenly, I am kick off the internet, to the point where I have to
> unplug the modem, router and in some cases re-start the entire PC.
> going to this site or anything with my XP machine works fine.

Trey Fitzgerald

Re: embedded media kicking me off network
Both modem and router our new and the firmware is also.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Historically that has meant that the router or modem has a compatibility
> issue. Have you checked for new router firmware?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Trey Fitzgerald" <TreyFitzgerald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3EDB23FB-DBB3-46DA-B3C7-A23EC5622A26@microsoft.com...
> > When going to a site, such as www.kdge.com and or a HD radio site and
> > clicking on the ""LISTEN"" NOW link, or... they also post their last 10
> > played, if I wanted to listen to a song, and I click on the link,
> > everything
> > start to look like its working.
> > then suddenly, I am kick off the internet, to the point where I have to
> > unplug the modem, router and in some cases re-start the entire PC.
> > going to this site or anything with my XP machine works fine.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: embedded media kicking me off network

OK, it's good that you've verified that - since this should be a driver
conflict between the networking and the audio card, the next check is the
audio card driver - what audio card do you have?

--

message news:ECD22A0A-2DB8-4EAE-A837-8FE6FCE1B225@microsoft.com...