WMP reversing actions

Deli Max

WMP reversing actions
I was editing the song info for the unknown songs in my WMP library, and
somehow I clicked something that named about half of my songs as being on the
same album. I'm wondering if theres a way to go back through the history of
actions in my WMP and reverse whatever I did? Or do I have to go through
every single track that was affected, and rename its album and such? Maybe a
way to restart my computer restoring the settings it was at before I started
this session?

I'm running a new Gateway laptop, with Vista and WMP 11 - thanks....
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP reversing actions

No, sorry, there's no Undo. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Deli Max" <DeliMax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was editing the song info for the unknown songs in my WMP library, and
> somehow I clicked something that named about half of my songs as being on
> the
> same album. I'm wondering if theres a way to go back through the history
> of
> actions in my WMP and reverse whatever I did? Or do I have to go through
> every single track that was affected, and rename its album and such? Maybe
> way to restart my computer restoring the settings it was at before I
> started
> this session?
>
> I'm running a new Gateway laptop, with Vista and WMP 11 - thanks....

Deli Max

Re: WMP reversing actions
Damn! Its hard to believe that there would be absolutely no way at all to
remedy this situation though. Maybe is there a way to have WMP forget all of
its library, and then reinstall athe entire library from the music files in
my 'music' folder within 'my documents' folder? Or to have all music in my
library re-search for album info?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> No, sorry, there's no Undo. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Deli Max" <DeliMax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was editing the song info for the unknown songs in my WMP library, and
> > somehow I clicked something that named about half of my songs as being on
> > the
> > same album. I'm wondering if theres a way to go back through the history
> > of
> > actions in my WMP and reverse whatever I did? Or do I have to go through
> > every single track that was affected, and rename its album and such? Maybe
> > way to restart my computer restoring the settings it was at before I
> > started
> > this session?
> >
> > I'm running a new Gateway laptop, with Vista and WMP 11 - thanks....

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP reversing actions

You can make the player forget by nuking the library folder:
* http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary

Of course the player gets and stores the data from the files themselves, so
it is doubtful that this would result in any useful change for you. =\