Sound is NEARLY muted

Gunnar

Sound is NEARLY muted
Hello,
at some stage over the last week the sound of my PC has been set very low
and I cannot find a way to increase it again.
I have disconnected the speakers and connected tem to my Ipod and they work
a treat.
Volume in System tray is on full, so is it in the "Spealers/ Headphone
Properties". The vertical bar on the right shows that the System recognises
the volume, i.e. the equaliser keps jumping!
I can hear something when I turn up the volume on my speakers but the music
is only slightly louder than the white noise!
The problem occurs with mp3s, films, CDs and DVDs.

Does anybody knwo what the problem could be and how to solve it?

Thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Sound is NEARLY muted
What is the volume set to in Control Panel, Sound?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> at some stage over the last week the sound of my PC has been set very low
> and I cannot find a way to increase it again.
> I have disconnected the speakers and connected tem to my Ipod and they
> work
> a treat.
> Volume in System tray is on full, so is it in the "Spealers/ Headphone
> Properties". The vertical bar on the right shows that the System
> recognises
> the volume, i.e. the equaliser keps jumping!
> I can hear something when I turn up the volume on my speakers but the
> music
> is only slightly louder than the white noise!
> The problem occurs with mp3s, films, CDs and DVDs.
>
> Does anybody knwo what the problem could be and how to solve it?
>
> Thanks

Gunnar

Re: Sound is NEARLY muted
100

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What is the volume set to in Control Panel, Sound?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > at some stage over the last week the sound of my PC has been set very low
> > and I cannot find a way to increase it again.
> > I have disconnected the speakers and connected tem to my Ipod and they
> > work
> > a treat.
> > Volume in System tray is on full, so is it in the "Spealers/ Headphone
> > Properties". The vertical bar on the right shows that the System
> > recognises
> > the volume, i.e. the equaliser keps jumping!
> > I can hear something when I turn up the volume on my speakers but the
> > music
> > is only slightly louder than the white noise!
> > The problem occurs with mp3s, films, CDs and DVDs.
> >
> > Does anybody knwo what the problem could be and how to solve it?
> >
> > Thanks

Gunnar

Re: Sound is NEARLY muted
100

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What is the volume set to in Control Panel, Sound?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > at some stage over the last week the sound of my PC has been set very low
> > and I cannot find a way to increase it again.
> > I have disconnected the speakers and connected tem to my Ipod and they
> > work
> > a treat.
> > Volume in System tray is on full, so is it in the "Spealers/ Headphone
> > Properties". The vertical bar on the right shows that the System
> > recognises
> > the volume, i.e. the equaliser keps jumping!
> > I can hear something when I turn up the volume on my speakers but the
> > music
> > is only slightly louder than the white noise!
> > The problem occurs with mp3s, films, CDs and DVDs.
> >
> > Does anybody knwo what the problem could be and how to solve it?
> >
> > Thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Sound is NEARLY muted
Did you at some time use another application to play music... iTunes, Real
Player etc? If so, open that program and ensure that the volume control is
up to maximum again.