WMP playing videos and movies upside down

shypurplepanda

WMP playing videos and movies upside down
I don't know why but sometimes movies and such are played upside down in WMP,
I opened the file in windows movie maker the first time it happened, thinking
it was just the file, so I was going to turn it around, but in WMM the file
played right side up. I tried it in VLC Media player, and again it played
right side up. Then I ripped a dvd and again it was upside down in media
player but other players played it right side up. Now it's not ALL videos
that play upside down, only some, I"m not sure what's going on. does anyone
know how to fix this?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP playing videos and movies upside down

What specific file types are affected? I'd think it's either a codec or a
video card driver issue...

--
Speaking for myself only.

"shypurplepanda" <ilovelucy345@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I don't know why but sometimes movies and such are played upside down in
>WMP,
> I opened the file in windows movie maker the first time it happened,
> thinking
> it was just the file, so I was going to turn it around, but in WMM the
> file
> played right side up. I tried it in VLC Media player, and again it played
> right side up. Then I ripped a dvd and again it was upside down in media
> player but other players played it right side up. Now it's not ALL videos
> that play upside down, only some, I"m not sure what's going on. does
> anyone
> know how to fix this?

shypurplepanda

Re: WMP playing videos and movies upside down
I'm just trying to play .avi files, and it's not all of them, only some

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What specific file types are affected? I'd think it's either a codec or a
> video card driver issue...
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "shypurplepanda" <ilovelucy345@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I don't know why but sometimes movies and such are played upside down in
> >WMP,
> > I opened the file in windows movie maker the first time it happened,
> > thinking
> > it was just the file, so I was going to turn it around, but in WMM the
> > file
> > played right side up. I tried it in VLC Media player, and again it played
> > right side up. Then I ripped a dvd and again it was upside down in media
> > player but other players played it right side up. Now it's not ALL videos
> > that play upside down, only some, I"m not sure what's going on. does
> > anyone
> > know how to fix this?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP playing videos and movies upside down

OK, what codecs do the problem files use?

--
> I'm just trying to play .avi files, and it's not all of them, only some
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What specific file types are affected? I'd think it's either a codec or
>> video card driver issue...
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "shypurplepanda" <ilovelucy345@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I don't know why but sometimes movies and such are played upside down in
>> >WMP,
>> > I opened the file in windows movie maker the first time it happened,
>> > thinking
>> > it was just the file, so I was going to turn it around, but in WMM the
>> > file
>> > played right side up. I tried it in VLC Media player, and again it
>> > played
>> > right side up. Then I ripped a dvd and again it was upside down in
>> > media
>> > player but other players played it right side up. Now it's not ALL
>> > videos
>> > that play upside down, only some, I"m not sure what's going on. does
>> > anyone
>> > know how to fix this?

shypurplepanda

Re: WMP playing videos and movies upside down
Ok, I'm codec stupid, how would I find that out?

(thank you so much btw for helping me lol)
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP playing videos and movies upside down

Something like the GSpot Codec Information Tool should let you figure that
out. =\