Slide show in Screen Saver crashes Vista

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuaWFjbWlrZQ==?=

Slide show in Screen Saver crashes Vista
When using the slide show I get the following message:

Kernel data image error
If this is the 1st time you have seen this stop error, retart your computer
If it appears again then follow these steps
Check if new hardware or software is properly installed
If new installation ask manu or windows for updates
If problem continues disable or remove installed hardware or software
Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your
pc, press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:
***sto:0x00000007a(0xc0410c60,0xc000000e,0x2a3d786 0,0x8218ceaf)

***ntfs. sys - address 8218ceaf base at 820bf000

Date stamp 4549aceb

Collecting data for crash dump...

Intitializing disk for crash dump

Computer hardware:

ASUS A8N-VM SOCKET 939 MOTHERBOARD
AMD ATHLON64 3800 SKT 939 DUAL CORE ATHLON CPU
1GB DDR RAM PC3200
ON BOARD GEFORCE 6150 GRAPHICS
320GB SEAGATE SERIAL 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
16x LITE-ON DUAL LAYER DVD/RW
FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT HOME PREMIUM EDITION
(not an upgrade from XP)

Barry

Re: Slide show in Screen Saver crashes Vista
If you're talking about using your photos as a slide show screensaver, then
it may be a problem with the amount of time you have set for the screensaver
to activate. If you can do a "preview" slide show (in the screensaver
selection window) and it works okay, then try lowering the start time for
the screensaver. I had a problem and found that if I changed the default 10
minutes (for the screen saver to come on) was lowered to 8 minutes, it
worked fine. I think the problem arises because Vista (or another program)
is starting something around that time or before that interferes with the
screensaver. Just a thought as it worked for me.

Barry

"Maniacmike" <Maniacmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using the slide show I get the following message:
>
> Kernel data image error
> If this is the 1st time you have seen this stop error, retart your
> computer
> If it appears again then follow these steps
> Check if new hardware or software is properly installed
> If new installation ask manu or windows for updates
> If problem continues disable or remove installed hardware or software
> Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing
> If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your
> pc, press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe
> mode.
>
> Technical information:
> ***sto:0x00000007a(0xc0410c60,0xc000000e,0x2a3d786 0,0x8218ceaf)
>
> ***ntfs. sys - address 8218ceaf base at 820bf000
>
> Date stamp 4549aceb
>
> Collecting data for crash dump...
>
> Intitializing disk for crash dump
>
> Computer hardware:
>
> ASUS A8N-VM SOCKET 939 MOTHERBOARD
> AMD ATHLON64 3800 SKT 939 DUAL CORE ATHLON CPU
> 1GB DDR RAM PC3200
> ON BOARD GEFORCE 6150 GRAPHICS
> 320GB SEAGATE SERIAL 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
> 16x LITE-ON DUAL LAYER DVD/RW
> FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT HOME PREMIUM EDITION
> (not an upgrade from XP)

=?Utf-8?B?SnVraWU=?=

RE: Slide show in Screen Saver crashes Vista
I have a similar problem. Mine is set to start the Photo Screensaver after 3
minutes (I've tried other times, too). A window comes up saying " a problem
caused program to stop working correctly..." It worked when I first got the
computer (a whole week ago!) but now doesn't. Oh, before it stopped working,
the pictures would sometimes be black and white, when they were taken in
color, if that helps.

"Maniacmike" wrote:

> When using the slide show I get the following message:
>
> Kernel data image error
> If this is the 1st time you have seen this stop error, retart your computer
> If it appears again then follow these steps
> Check if new hardware or software is properly installed
> If new installation ask manu or windows for updates
> If problem continues disable or remove installed hardware or software
> Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing
> If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your
> pc, press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode.
>
> Technical information:
> ***sto:0x00000007a(0xc0410c60,0xc000000e,0x2a3d786 0,0x8218ceaf)
>
> ***ntfs. sys - address 8218ceaf base at 820bf000
>
> Date stamp 4549aceb
>
> Collecting data for crash dump...
>
> Intitializing disk for crash dump
>
> Computer hardware:
>
> ASUS A8N-VM SOCKET 939 MOTHERBOARD
> AMD ATHLON64 3800 SKT 939 DUAL CORE ATHLON CPU
> 1GB DDR RAM PC3200
> ON BOARD GEFORCE 6150 GRAPHICS
> 320GB SEAGATE SERIAL 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
> 16x LITE-ON DUAL LAYER DVD/RW
> FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT HOME PREMIUM EDITION
> (not an upgrade from XP)

=?Utf-8?B?bWFuaWFjbWlrZQ==?=

RE: Slide show in Screen Saver crashes Vista
After using some beta drivers from Asus for Video and Chipset, it has been
fine since.

"Jukie" wrote:

> I have a similar problem. Mine is set to start the Photo Screensaver after 3
> minutes (I've tried other times, too). A window comes up saying " a problem
> caused program to stop working correctly..." It worked when I first got the
> computer (a whole week ago!) but now doesn't. Oh, before it stopped working,
> the pictures would sometimes be black and white, when they were taken in
> color, if that helps.
>
> "Maniacmike" wrote:
>
> > When using the slide show I get the following message:
> >
> > Kernel data image error
> > If this is the 1st time you have seen this stop error, retart your computer
> > If it appears again then follow these steps
> > Check if new hardware or software is properly installed
> > If new installation ask manu or windows for updates
> > If problem continues disable or remove installed hardware or software
> > Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing
> > If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your
> > pc, press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode.
> >
> > Technical information:
> > ***sto:0x00000007a(0xc0410c60,0xc000000e,0x2a3d786 0,0x8218ceaf)
> >
> > ***ntfs. sys - address 8218ceaf base at 820bf000
> >
> > Date stamp 4549aceb
> >
> > Collecting data for crash dump...
> >
> > Intitializing disk for crash dump
> >
> > Computer hardware:
> >
> > ASUS A8N-VM SOCKET 939 MOTHERBOARD
> > AMD ATHLON64 3800 SKT 939 DUAL CORE ATHLON CPU
> > 1GB DDR RAM PC3200
> > ON BOARD GEFORCE 6150 GRAPHICS
> > 320GB SEAGATE SERIAL 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
> > 16x LITE-ON DUAL LAYER DVD/RW
> > FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT HOME PREMIUM EDITION
> > (not an upgrade from XP)

=?Utf-8?B?SnVraWU=?=

RE: Slide show in Screen Saver crashes Vista
Mine is still crashing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!