windows media player 11 needs Microsoft's attention

suester

windows media player 11 needs Microsoft's attention
It appears that enough people are experiencing extreme frustration with their
Media Player and Media Center, so much so that it is time for the programmers
to have a look.

Please resolve the issue involving "Find Album Information" not working
properly. The problem is not so much that the information is not being found,
it is that Media Player does not absorb or remember the album information
after the user has accepted it. What is the problem?

Please resolve the problem with Media Center encountering an error and
shutting down. This program is entirely too important to people who have
wired their entertainment systems to their computers.

I am experiencing both problems, and at this time, Media Center does not
open at all. The little "I'm thinking" wheel spins for 2 seconds and
disappears completely.
I have to say...for audio purposes, iTunes looks better every day.

Please microsoft, pay some attention to these problems!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player 11 needs Microsoft's attention

Find Album Information not sticking is specifically a sign of library
corruption:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary

Do you have the cumulative Windows Media Player update that was released?
That should generally fix all known library corruption isues, as far as I'm
aware.

That should be easy to fix, per the link above. That may help Media Center
out, too.

--
Speaking for myself only.