Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition

louise898

Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition will run on
Vista? I tried posting this question on the Windows Media discussion forum,
but can't get the website to work...

Used this program mainly for the analogue recording facitility (to copy
tapes, minidiscs, records to my PC), so even if Microsoft Plus! Digital Media
Edition doesn't work, does anyone know of an alternative?

Cheers!

Louise
Dave

Re: Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition
I have some of the Plus! programs installed, and they work fine..
Audio Converter
Dancer
Party Mode

I'm not sure why they all aren't installed. I upgraded from XP Media
Edition, and had them already installed on that.

If the recording facility doesn't work, try Audacity
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"louise898" <louise898@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me if Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition will run on
> Vista? I tried posting this question on the Windows Media discussion
> forum,
> but can't get the website to work...
>
> Used this program mainly for the analogue recording facitility (to copy
> tapes, minidiscs, records to my PC), so even if Microsoft Plus! Digital
> Media
> Edition doesn't work, does anyone know of an alternative?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Louise

louise898

Re: Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition
Hi!

Thanks for the info.

I was trying to install the program from scratch on a new PC (running
Vista), and was getting some error messages during the install...

Is there any way to selectively install some of the package?

"Dave" wrote:

> I have some of the Plus! programs installed, and they work fine..
> Audio Converter
> Dancer
> Party Mode
>
> I'm not sure why they all aren't installed. I upgraded from XP Media
> Edition, and had them already installed on that.
>
> If the recording facility doesn't work, try Audacity
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
>

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "louise898" <louise898@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition will run on
> > Vista? I tried posting this question on the Windows Media discussion
> > forum,
> > but can't get the website to work...
> >
> > Used this program mainly for the analogue recording facitility (to copy
> > tapes, minidiscs, records to my PC), so even if Microsoft Plus! Digital
> > Media
> > Edition doesn't work, does anyone know of an alternative?
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Louise

louise898

Re: Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition
Hi!

Thanks for the info. I was trying to install the software on a new PC
(running Vista) and was getting some error messages during the install...

Is there anyway to selectively install part of the program?

"Dave" wrote:

> I have some of the Plus! programs installed, and they work fine..
> Audio Converter
> Dancer
> Party Mode
>
> I'm not sure why they all aren't installed. I upgraded from XP Media
> Edition, and had them already installed on that.
>
> If the recording facility doesn't work, try Audacity
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
>

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "louise898" <louise898@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition will run on
> > Vista? I tried posting this question on the Windows Media discussion
> > forum,
> > but can't get the website to work...
> >
> > Used this program mainly for the analogue recording facitility (to copy
> > tapes, minidiscs, records to my PC), so even if Microsoft Plus! Digital
> > Media
> > Edition doesn't work, does anyone know of an alternative?
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Louise

John Inzer

louise898 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for the info. I was trying to install the software on a new PC
> (running Vista) and was getting some error messages during the
> install...
>
> Is there anyway to selectively install part of the program?

================
On the main install screen...choose...Custom Installation.
After clicking Next a few times you will come to a screen
that allows you to select the components you wish to install.

If you still have problems installing it...maybe the following
articles will offer some ideas.

(931361) How to troubleshoot issues that may
prevent a program from being installed correctly
on a Windows Vista-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931361/en-us

(931362) Advanced methods to troubleshoot
a program that does not run as expected after
it is installed on Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931362/en-us

--

John Inzer