Split screen or picture in picture.

Syr_Matthew

Split screen or picture in picture.
I'm currently using Windows Movie Maker and am unable to figure out how to
use (if progam's even capable of) the split screen for videos. If someone
could enlighten me on how to do this or even use a picture in picture that
would be great. Or if you suggest using another program (free preferably)
thats more wide spread in effects and transitions that would be appreciated
also.
PapaJohn

Re: Split screen or picture in picture.
check my website's Edit Movies > XML > Script Types > Picture-in-Picture
page.

it's not a feature of Movie Maker, but can be done with custom XML code

PapaJohn (MVP)

"Syr_Matthew" <Syr_Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently using Windows Movie Maker and am unable to figure out how to
> use (if progam's even capable of) the split screen for videos. If someone
> could enlighten me on how to do this or even use a picture in picture
> that
> would be great. Or if you suggest using another program (free preferably)
> thats more wide spread in effects and transitions that would be
> appreciated
> also.

PapaJohn

Re: Split screen or picture in picture.
see the bottom of the Edit Movies > Transitions page also.... these pages
were written for Movie Maker in XP, but MM6 in Vista works pretty much the
same way.... with some changes in the XML coding.

PapaJohn (MVP)

"PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> check my website's Edit Movies > XML > Script Types > Picture-in-Picture
> page.
>
> it's not a feature of Movie Maker, but can be done with custom XML code
>
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn (MVP)
>

> "Syr_Matthew" <Syr_Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm currently using Windows Movie Maker and am unable to figure out how
>> use (if progam's even capable of) the split screen for videos. If
>> someone
>> could enlighten me on how to do this or even use a picture in picture
>> that
>> would be great. Or if you suggest using another program (free
>> preferably)
>> thats more wide spread in effects and transitions that would be
>> appreciated
>> also.

Blaine

RE: Split screen or picture in picture.
Since you are posting in a Vista group, I'm going to assume you are on Vista.
I suggest you read the pinned posts in WindowsMovieMakers.net forums.
http://windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums...spx?ForumID=33

At a minimum you want to download ShaderTFX and the 'Split Video'
transitions to get PIP and Split Video.