Windows Movie Maker: Publishing to DV Tape

Brian Cook

Windows Movie Maker: Publishing to DV Tape
I'm working on a Movie Maker project that has to be submitted to our
Communications department on a DV tape.
I completed my movie in Movie Maker (it's less than 3 minutes long), and
started the Publish to Video Tape this morning. It's now almost 14 hours
later, and I still have the same status message showing.
The window says "Recording your movie to tape..." and the status shows
"Creating movie..."
Does it usually take this long? The program is responding, and my system is
running fine, but the only indication of progress is the ever-increasing
"minutes remaining" note under the progress bar.
I usually publish my movies to DVD, but that won't work for this project.

I'm running a dual-core AMD 6400+ with 3 gig of RAM. I've got an Nvidia
8600GT video card running 512mb of DDR3.

Any help would be appreciated, even if I can confirm that this is what it's
supposed to be doing!
dogteacher

Re: Windows Movie Maker: Publishing to DV Tape

This is exactly what is happening to me.

I have been able to publish 4 similar projects back to my DV without
any problems before this happened, but suddenly this one is causing
problems.

The only thing I can think of that makes this project even slightly
different from the other successful ones is that one of the music files
had to be converted from an odd file type to an .mp3 using a file
converter. Could that be causing this problem?

--
dogteacher
John Inzer

dogteacher wrote:
> This is exactly what is happening to me.
>
> I have been able to publish 4 similar projects back to my DV without
> any problems before this happened, but suddenly this one is causing
> problems.
>
> The only thing I can think of that makes this project even slightly
> different from the other successful ones is that one of the music
> files had to be converted from an odd file type to an .mp3 using a
> file converter. Could that be causing this problem?

===================================
Some file types cause issues in Movie Maker...
MP3 is one of them:

Have a look at the following articles:

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Which file type should I use in Movie Maker?
http://tinyurl.com/6n66g3
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...MovieMaker.htm

--