Windows Movie Maker

AWalker

Windows Movie Maker
I have created a photoshow with Windows Movie Maker and burned
movie/photoshop to a CD-R. THE CD will not PLAY ON MY TV USING A DVD PLAYER.
1. Should I have burned the movie/photoshop to a DVD instead of a CD-R?
AWalker

RE: Windows Movie Maker
From AWalker - Thanks your your immediate help.

"AWalker" wrote:

> I have created a movie/photoshow with Windows Movie Maker and burned
> movie/photoshow to a CD-R. THE CD will not PLAY ON MY TV USING A DVD PLAYER.
> 1. Should I have burned the movie/photoshop to a DVD instead of a CD-R?

John Hanley

Re: Windows Movie Maker
Yes, you need to burn it to a DVD to play it on your DVD player. You will
need a DVD burning program like Windows DVD Maker to do so.

"AWalker" <AWalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a photoshow with Windows Movie Maker and burned
> movie/photoshop to a CD-R. THE CD will not PLAY ON MY TV USING A DVD
> PLAYER.
> 1. Should I have burned the movie/photoshop to a DVD instead of a CD-R?

AWalker

Re: Windows Movie Maker
Thanks for your immediate answer.
My photo show/slideshow should be burned to a DVD disc? What is Windows DVD
Maker and does Windows DVD maker come installed on new computers?

"John Hanley" wrote:

> Yes, you need to burn it to a DVD to play it on your DVD player. You will
> need a DVD burning program like Windows DVD Maker to do so.
>
> "AWalker" <AWalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a photoshow with Windows Movie Maker and burned
> > movie/photoshop to a CD-R. THE CD will not PLAY ON MY TV USING A DVD
> > PLAYER.
> > 1. Should I have burned the movie/photoshop to a DVD instead of a CD-R?

dbknox

Re: Windows Movie Maker

Not sure if I fully grasp your question, the part about
"movie/photoshop" throws me off. When I make a movie using windows movie
maker it asks where to publish it Hard drive, DVD,CD. Movie maker should
burn directly to the DVD burner without using Windows DVD maker, I
assumed that it would make a Video CD if one selected CD, I will have to
try it, (if I can find some CD media around). Do you have a DVD burner.
I have used Nero and Nero Express for burning all my videos in the past
and now that I have vista I would probably have to purchase a new
version to run on it ( fat chance!).For this reason, I don't know
whether there was a " Windows DVD maker " in XP but one did come with my
Vista Home premium. ( I don't think it comes with "basic" not sure). You
can play what is known as a "videoCD" using many types of DVD players. I
have not come across a dvd player lately that doesn't handle "videocd"
. Try exploring the CD after inserting it in your CD rom and see what
the file extension is of the movie. A video cd has ".dat " extention.
Don't know if this helps.

--
dbknox
PapaJohn

Re: Windows Movie Maker
Windows DVD Maker is included in the Vista Home Premium and Ultimate
versions, not in the other Vista versions. And it's not included in XP....
and can't be added.

PapaJohn (MVP)

> Thanks for your immediate answer.
> My photo show/slideshow should be burned to a DVD disc? What is Windows
> DVD
> Maker and does Windows DVD maker come installed on new computers?
>

> "John Hanley" wrote:
>
>> Yes, you need to burn it to a DVD to play it on your DVD player. You
>> will
>> need a DVD burning program like Windows DVD Maker to do so.
>>
>> "AWalker" <AWalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have created a photoshow with Windows Movie Maker and burned
>> > movie/photoshop to a CD-R. THE CD will not PLAY ON MY TV USING A DVD
>> > PLAYER.
>> > 1. Should I have burned the movie/photoshop to a DVD instead of a
>> > CD-R?

dbknox

Re: Windows Movie Maker

> Windows DVD Maker is included in the Vista Home Premium and Ultimate
> versions, not in the other Vista versions. And it's not included in
> XP....
> and can't be added

Thanks for that PapaJohn.....knew you would know that, I love your site
lots of help there with windows movie maker etc. suggest you wander over
and have a look A*Walker* just follow the link in PapaJohn's post and
have a look very interesting.

--
dbknox
PapaJohn

Re: Windows Movie Maker
thanks for the comment...

PapaJohn (MVP)

"dbknox" <dbknox.34ae12@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

>> Windows DVD Maker is included in the Vista Home Premium and Ultimate
>> versions, not in the other Vista versions. And it's not included in
>> XP....
>> and can't be added

> Thanks for that PapaJohn.....knew you would know that, I love your site
> lots of help there with windows movie maker etc. suggest you wander over
> and have a look A*Walker* just follow the link in PapaJohn's post and
> have a look very interesting.
>

> --
> dbknox

ashipley

RE: Windows Movie Maker
just wandering if you figured out how to do it. im having the same problem.

"AWalker" wrote:

> I have created a photoshow with Windows Movie Maker and burned
> movie/photoshop to a CD-R. THE CD will not PLAY ON MY TV USING A DVD PLAYER.
> 1. Should I have burned the movie/photoshop to a DVD instead of a CD-R?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Movie Maker

Most DVD players would not play random files put on a CD. You could likely
burn it as a VideoCD and get results, though.

--
Speaking for myself only.