Windows DVD Maker always compresses my files, I don't ant that.

Jay

Windows DVD Maker always compresses my files, I don't ant that.
I have a Sony Hard Drive Camcorder (30gb) and when I read from it to burn a
DVD using windows dvd maker it is trying to put way more data on the blank
dvd (4.7gb) than it's compacity. For example, it has "ready" listed for the
status of files 1-30, when viewing from dvd maker, and a status of "will not
fit" for the rest as I'll clearly need more than 1 blank dvd to fit all the
data from the drive.

Now, If I look at those files (1-30) having the "ready" status from my PC
using my computer to view the camcorder hard drive those files add up to a
total file size of 9.45gb.

So here is the crux of my issue. I can only assume that windows dvd maker is
compressing the original files from my camcorder in order to put that much
data on the 4.7gb blank dvd. I don't the files to be compressed, I want them
to be in their original non compressed quality to be stored on these dvds but
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change this setting. I WILL NOT
burn these in compressed form because these are my permanent copies and after
this I will formatt the camcorder for more recording.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Windows DVD Maker always compresses my files, I don't ant that.
Ensure that the length of the movie does not exceed 1 hour and it should not
compress.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Sony Hard Drive Camcorder (30gb) and when I read from it to burn a
> DVD using windows dvd maker it is trying to put way more data on the blank
> dvd (4.7gb) than it's compacity. For example, it has "ready" listed for
> the
> status of files 1-30, when viewing from dvd maker, and a status of "will
> not
> fit" for the rest as I'll clearly need more than 1 blank dvd to fit all
> the
> data from the drive.
>
> Now, If I look at those files (1-30) having the "ready" status from my PC
> using my computer to view the camcorder hard drive those files add up to a
> total file size of 9.45gb.
>
> So here is the crux of my issue. I can only assume that windows dvd maker
> is
> compressing the original files from my camcorder in order to put that much
> data on the 4.7gb blank dvd. I don't the files to be compressed, I want
> them
> to be in their original non compressed quality to be stored on these dvds
> but
> I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change this setting. I WILL
> NOT
> burn these in compressed form because these are my permanent copies and
> after
> this I will formatt the camcorder for more recording.

Jay

Re: Windows DVD Maker always compresses my files, I don't ant that
But a 4.7gb dvd has 120 minutes capacity. Why only an hour?