Media Player Visulizations

Macvegas

Media Player Visulizations
I have media player 11 on Vista, there is a particular one I want to download
namely Ice Storm. I receive error message ' Error code 1303' The installation
has insufficiant priveledges to access this dirctory. Log on as
administrator. Well its myown pc I am only user. Anyone know what i can do ?
Thanks
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Visulizations

Are you prompted to install it as an administrator?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Macvegas" <Macvegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have media player 11 on Vista, there is a particular one I want to
>download
> namely Ice Storm. I receive error message ' Error code 1303' The
> installation
> has insufficiant priveledges to access this dirctory. Log on as
> administrator. Well its myown pc I am only user. Anyone know what i can
> do ?
> Thanks

Ryka

Re: Media Player Visulizations
I'm just trying the installation and getting the same Error 1303. There was
no prompt for running as administrator. I, too, a, the only user of the pc
and the administrator. I'm wondering if the difficulty is because it's a
2003 XP option?

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Are you prompted to install it as an administrator?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
>
> "Macvegas" <Macvegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have media player 11 on Vista, there is a particular one I want to
>>download
>> namely Ice Storm. I receive error message ' Error code 1303' The
>> installation
>> has insufficiant priveledges to access this dirctory. Log on as
>> administrator. Well its myown pc I am only user. Anyone know what i can
>> do ?
>> Thanks

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Visulizations

If you right-click and install it by using Run As Administrator, can it then
install?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
> I'm just trying the installation and getting the same Error 1303. There
> was no prompt for running as administrator. I, too, a, the only user of
> the pc and the administrator. I'm wondering if the difficulty is because
> it's a 2003 XP option?
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Are you prompted to install it as an administrator?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Macvegas" <Macvegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have media player 11 on Vista, there is a particular one I want to
>>>download
>>> namely Ice Storm. I receive error message ' Error code 1303' The
>>> installation
>>> has insufficiant priveledges to access this dirctory. Log on as
>>> administrator. Well its myown pc I am only user. Anyone know what i can
>>> do ?
>>> Thanks

Ryka

Re: Media Player Visulizations
There are no options on the install - it just says Run. Would it work if I
download it as a Save then try to install it?

> If you right-click and install it by using Run As Administrator, can it
> then install?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
>
> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
>> I'm just trying the installation and getting the same Error 1303. There
>> was no prompt for running as administrator. I, too, a, the only user of
>> the pc and the administrator. I'm wondering if the difficulty is because
>> it's a 2003 XP option?
>>
>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Are you prompted to install it as an administrator?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Visulizations

That sounds like a better plan.

--

> There are no options on the install - it just says Run. Would it work if I
> download it as a Save then try to install it?
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> If you right-click and install it by using Run As Administrator, can it
>> then install?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm just trying the installation and getting the same Error 1303. There
>>> was no prompt for running as administrator. I, too, a, the only user of
>>> the pc and the administrator. I'm wondering if the difficulty is because
>>> it's a 2003 XP option?

Ryka

Re: Media Player Visulizations
This product cannot be installed in Vista because Vista uses WMP 11 and the
product is designed for ONLY WMP 9!!

> That sounds like a better plan.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
>
> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
>> There are no options on the install - it just says Run. Would it work if
>> I download it as a Save then try to install it?
>>
>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> If you right-click and install it by using Run As Administrator, can it
>>> then install?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Visulizations

Ah, yes, that would be a problem. You could try asking Averett & Associates
to re-release it, but otherwise you probably are pretty limited here. =\