Photo Galary

wjtrammell

Photo Galary

In some folders in photo gallery I have multiple copies of the same
picture. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the extra
pictures.

If I try to delete it put the picture in the recycle Ben and deletes it
from the Document/Pictures folders.

Is there a way to clear folders in Photo Gallery or even clear the
entire Photo Gallery and start over?

Thanks,

Bill Trammell
oldtags@tampabay.rr.com

--
wjtrammell
John Inzer

Re: Photo Galary
wjtrammell wrote:
> In some folders in photo gallery I have multiple copies of the same
> picture. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the extra
> pictures.
>
> If I try to delete it put the picture in the recycle Ben and deletes
> it from the Document/Pictures folders.
>
> Is there a way to clear folders in Photo Gallery or even clear the
> entire Photo Gallery and start over?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill Trammell
> oldtags@tampabay.rr.com

==================================
If you are trying to clean up and start over...the
following info may be useful:

The "Pictures.pd4" database includes thumbs
and metadata and is found at the following location.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\
Windows Photo Gallery\Pictures.pd4

The file can also be found with an Advanced
Search for pd4.

Go to...Start / Search / Advanced Search.

Check the box..."Include non-indexed, hidden,
and system files" Enter pd4 in the Name field

Renaming or deleting the .pd4 file should
clean up your Photo Gallery.

Try renaming it... Pictures.OLD
If you are unhappy with the results...you can
try changing it back to Pictures.pd4.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

wjtrammell

Re: Photo Galary

Thanks John, I'll give it a try

--
wjtrammell
wjtrammell

Re: Photo Galary

Well, that didn't work. when I deleted/renamed pd4 it recreated it when
photo gallery was open the next time and all the previously imported
pictures are still there.

--
wjtrammell
John Inzer

Re: Photo Galary
wjtrammell wrote:
> Well, that didn't work. when I deleted/renamed pd4 it recreated it
> when photo gallery was open the next time and all the previously
> imported pictures are still there.

=====================================
Sorry...that's the only way I know of to "start over".

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Dave

Re: Photo Galary
Keep in mind that Windows Photo Gallery doesn't contain any images... it
looks into certain folders that contain images (some are standard, some that
you tell it to look into). Then it displays thumbnail images of the actual
images. If you have duplicates in the folders, then duplicates will show
up.

I suggest that you use Windows Explorer to look at the folders containing
your images, to see if you do have duplicates.

You might want to run Disk Cleanup before you do, it will remove thumbnails,
and other temporary files.
Start - Computer - right-click on C: drive, select Properties
click on Disk Cleanup

And, if WPG doesn't seem to be working correctly, you might try the newer
Windows Live Photo Gallery, as it has more features and seems to work
better.
http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"wjtrammell" <wjtrammell.3443n5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Well, that didn't work. when I deleted/renamed pd4 it recreated it when
> photo gallery was open the next time and all the previously imported
> pictures are still there.
>

> --
> wjtrammell

wjtrammell

Re: Photo Galary

Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try when I get a few spare minutes.

Bill

--
wjtrammell
Diane

Re: Photo Galary
I have a similar question. For example, I downloaded my photos to the pc.
Say that one of the pictures is a "family" picture. I click and drag that
photo to the tag entitled Family. I could also create a folder named Family
if I wanted. Once I click and drag though, how do I get rid of the picture
that first downloaded. In other words, I only want the pictures either in a
folder entitled "Family" or tagged as "Family" not in the general pictures.

Diane

"Dave" wrote:

> Keep in mind that Windows Photo Gallery doesn't contain any images... it
> looks into certain folders that contain images (some are standard, some that
> you tell it to look into). Then it displays thumbnail images of the actual
> images. If you have duplicates in the folders, then duplicates will show
> up.
>
> I suggest that you use Windows Explorer to look at the folders containing
> your images, to see if you do have duplicates.
>
> You might want to run Disk Cleanup before you do, it will remove thumbnails,
> and other temporary files.
> Start - Computer - right-click on C: drive, select Properties
> click on Disk Cleanup
>
> And, if WPG doesn't seem to be working correctly, you might try the newer
> Windows Live Photo Gallery, as it has more features and seems to work
> better.
> http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview
>
> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "wjtrammell" <wjtrammell.3443n5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Well, that didn't work. when I deleted/renamed pd4 it recreated it when
> > photo gallery was open the next time and all the previously imported
> > pictures are still there.
> >

> > --
> > wjtrammell

Edward

Re: Photo Galary

"Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>I have a similar question. For example, I downloaded my photos to the pc.
> Say that one of the pictures is a "family" picture. I click and drag that
> photo to the tag entitled Family. I could also create a folder named
> Family
> if I wanted. Once I click and drag though, how do I get rid of the
> picture
> that first downloaded. In other words, I only want the pictures either in
> folder entitled "Family" or tagged as "Family" not in the general
> pictures.
>
> Diane

Family is just a link to the general photo map.