Urge downloaded song playback in Vista Media Center

Don Lindbergh

Urge downloaded song playback in Vista Media Center
When I attempt to playback a song I downloaded from Urge in Vista media
center I get the below described behavior and messages. Things work fine in
Vista media player.

Does Urge not work in Vista media center?

thanks for any help,

--Don

===
when attempt play downloaded track from Urge

To play this content, you must acquire a license from the provider at
http://www.mtvnlicense.com/getlicens...compid=6519483

Select Yes to open the Web page and acquit the license or No to go back and
select another item.

If select Yes get below:

a white square screen with barely readable grey lettering opens in media
player that says:

You do not have the right to play this track. If you don't have URGE, don't
worry - just click the Go to URGE link and you'll be able to get Urge.

Subscribe to URGE All access to play and download this and over 2 million
tracks.
Go To URGE <link>

if click on Go To Urge <link> get below

ACQUIRE LICENSE

Acquire your license below, and then select Play Music to listen to the
song.

see a blank white square with nothing in it (no text or graphics)

Mike M

Re: Urge downloaded song playback in Vista Media Center
I don't have an answer to your problem, but I do know that I can play back
my Urge Subscription music in Vista Media Center as well as on my 360.

Mike.

"Don Lindbergh" <dabl_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to playback a song I downloaded from Urge in Vista media
> center I get the below described behavior and messages. Things work fine
> in Vista media player.
>
> Does Urge not work in Vista media center?
>
> thanks for any help,
>
> --Don
>

> ===
> when attempt play downloaded track from Urge
>
> To play this content, you must acquire a license from the provider at
> http://www.mtvnlicense.com/getlicens...compid=6519483
>
> Select Yes to open the Web page and acquit the license or No to go back
> and select another item.
>
> If select Yes get below:
>
> a white square screen with barely readable grey lettering opens in media
> player that says:
>
> You do not have the right to play this track. If you don't have URGE,
> don't worry - just click the Go to URGE link and you'll be able to get
> Urge.
>
> Subscribe to URGE All access to play and download this and over 2 million
> tracks.
> Go To URGE <link>
>
> if click on Go To Urge <link> get below
>
> ACQUIRE LICENSE
>
> Acquire your license below, and then select Play Music to listen to the
> song.
>
> see a blank white square with nothing in it (no text or graphics)

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Urge downloaded song playback in Vista Media Center

Under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu, what Indiv
Version does it say you are at?

--
Speaking for myself only.

> When I attempt to playback a song I downloaded from Urge in Vista media
> center I get the below described behavior and messages. Things work fine
> in Vista media player.
>
> Does Urge not work in Vista media center?
>
> thanks for any help,
>
> --Don
>

> ===
> when attempt play downloaded track from Urge
>
> To play this content, you must acquire a license from the provider at
> http://www.mtvnlicense.com/getlicens...compid=6519483
>
> Select Yes to open the Web page and acquit the license or No to go back
> and select another item.
>
> If select Yes get below:
>
> a white square screen with barely readable grey lettering opens in media
> player that says:
>
> You do not have the right to play this track. If you don't have URGE,
> don't worry - just click the Go to URGE link and you'll be able to get
> Urge.
>
> Subscribe to URGE All access to play and download this and over 2 million
> tracks.
> Go To URGE <link>
>
> if click on Go To Urge <link> get below
>
> ACQUIRE LICENSE
>
> Acquire your license below, and then select Play Music to listen to the
> song.
>
> see a blank white square with nothing in it (no text or graphics)

Don Lindbergh

Re: Urge downloaded song playback in Vista Media Center
Thanks Mike M and zachd for your replies. The problem has gone away,
apparently related to refreshing my licenses, but I did find it odd that
things would play fine in Media Player but not Media Center when I was
having the problem. I forgot to mention that if I played a specific song
downloaded from Urge in Media Player and watched it retrieve the license
info, I could then play that track in Media Center without issue.

This morning while refreshing/re-reading monitored folders in Media Player I
saw a message saying Media Player needed to refresh my Urge licenses (can't
remember exact wording) and that if I said 'Yes' it could do this in the
background. I did answer in the affirmative but the process didn't seem to
advance and wouldn't allow me to continue doing anything in Media Player so
I cancelled (a little concerned).

Since that happened though, songs I've tried so far now play in Media Center
and I notice that when I play any Urge track Media Player doesn't seem to
need to retrieve any license so evidently at least some part of that process
completed....

All's well that end's well I suppose!