Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYyBt?=

Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow
new computer. nicely equipped. a little bit worried that i cannot get the
windows dvd maker to run smoothly in preview mode. the sound skips at every
picture transition during the slideshow.

if anyone has any advice/suggestions please reply.

tia,

eric
=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjbA==?=

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow
Media player has a skipping problem that can be solved by going to Control
Panel, sound, speakers, enhancements and check "disable all enhancements",
apply and OK.
--
chriscl

"eric m" wrote:

> new computer. nicely equipped. a little bit worried that i cannot get the
> windows dvd maker to run smoothly in preview mode. the sound skips at every
> picture transition during the slideshow.
>
> if anyone has any advice/suggestions please reply.
>
> tia,
>
> eric

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYyBt?=

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow
chriscl thank you very much for replying so quickly.
i don't know much about vista, had it only 2 days now-meaning-i'm not the
sharpest knife in the drawer here.
i opened control panel. i then went to 'sound and hardware' i then chose
'speakers' then i 'disabled' 'srs enhancements'. i tried the dvd maker
again, but it was still skipping. i'm not sure if i did the right thing.
i would really appreciate any further tips. tia. eric

"chriscl" wrote:

> Media player has a skipping problem that can be solved by going to Control
> Panel, sound, speakers, enhancements and check "disable all enhancements",
> apply and OK.
> --
> chriscl
>

> "eric m" wrote:
>
> > new computer. nicely equipped. a little bit worried that i cannot get the
> > windows dvd maker to run smoothly in preview mode. the sound skips at every
> > picture transition during the slideshow.
> >
> > if anyone has any advice/suggestions please reply.
> >
> > tia,
> >
> > eric

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjbA==?=

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow
It looks like you did the right thing. Your control panel must be a little
different. You say 'disable srs enhancements". Do you mean "all"
enhancements? Also, be sure to click "apply" and then Ok.
--
chriscl

"eric m" wrote:

> chriscl thank you very much for replying so quickly.
> i don't know much about vista, had it only 2 days now-meaning-i'm not the
> sharpest knife in the drawer here.
> i opened control panel. i then went to 'sound and hardware' i then chose
> 'speakers' then i 'disabled' 'srs enhancements'. i tried the dvd maker
> again, but it was still skipping. i'm not sure if i did the right thing.
> i would really appreciate any further tips. tia. eric
>
> "chriscl" wrote:
>
> > Media player has a skipping problem that can be solved by going to Control
> > Panel, sound, speakers, enhancements and check "disable all enhancements",
> > apply and OK.
> > --
> > chriscl
> >

> > "eric m" wrote:
> >
> > > new computer. nicely equipped. a little bit worried that i cannot get the
> > > windows dvd maker to run smoothly in preview mode. the sound skips at every
> > > picture transition during the slideshow.
> > >
> > > if anyone has any advice/suggestions please reply.
> > >
> > > tia,
> > >
> > > eric

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYyBt?=

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow
thank you so much. it worked! it didn't seem to have any effect last
night...perhaps restarting the pc this morning did something. by the way, by
disabling \all/ the enhancements, will some performance be lost in other
applications...is it a good idea to re-enable the enhancements once i am done
using dvdmaker?
cheers,

eric

"chriscl" wrote:

> It looks like you did the right thing. Your control panel must be a little
> different. You say 'disable srs enhancements". Do you mean "all"
> enhancements? Also, be sure to click "apply" and then Ok.
> --
> chriscl
>

> "eric m" wrote:
>
> > chriscl thank you very much for replying so quickly.
> > i don't know much about vista, had it only 2 days now-meaning-i'm not the
> > sharpest knife in the drawer here.
> > i opened control panel. i then went to 'sound and hardware' i then chose
> > 'speakers' then i 'disabled' 'srs enhancements'. i tried the dvd maker
> > again, but it was still skipping. i'm not sure if i did the right thing.
> > i would really appreciate any further tips. tia. eric
> >
> > "chriscl" wrote:
> >
> > > Media player has a skipping problem that can be solved by going to Control
> > > Panel, sound, speakers, enhancements and check "disable all enhancements",
> > > apply and OK.
> > > --
> > > chriscl

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjbA==?=

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow
I haven't noticed any problems with the enhancements off. I must leave them
off so the media player will work.
--
chriscl

"eric m" wrote:

> thank you so much. it worked! it didn't seem to have any effect last
> night...perhaps restarting the pc this morning did something. by the way, by
> disabling \all/ the enhancements, will some performance be lost in other
> applications...is it a good idea to re-enable the enhancements once i am done
> using dvdmaker?
> cheers,
>
> eric
>
> "chriscl" wrote:
>
> > It looks like you did the right thing. Your control panel must be a little
> > different. You say 'disable srs enhancements". Do you mean "all"
> > enhancements? Also, be sure to click "apply" and then Ok.
> > --
> > chriscl
> >

> > "eric m" wrote:
> >
> > > chriscl thank you very much for replying so quickly.
> > > i don't know much about vista, had it only 2 days now-meaning-i'm not the
> > > sharpest knife in the drawer here.
> > > i opened control panel. i then went to 'sound and hardware' i then chose
> > > 'speakers' then i 'disabled' 'srs enhancements'. i tried the dvd maker
> > > again, but it was still skipping. i'm not sure if i did the right thing.
> > > i would really appreciate any further tips. tia. eric

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYyBt?=

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow (problem still there
i hate to ask, but, besides disabling enhancements, do you know of any other
way of enabling smooth musical transitions between slides using dvd slideshow
maker. after disabling the enhancements, the presentation worked well, so i
closed it thinking all was well. when i started to edit the presentation
again today, i noticed that the problem was in fact still there: the music
hesitates at each picture transition. i'm wondering if perhaps one needs a
super computer to run vista along w/ these programs. i was hoping to do some
video editing on this new computer, but if it cannot even manage a
photoslideshow, i wonder.
anyhow.\
your original advice was helpful. if you can think of anything else
regarding this matter, please let me know.

tia,

eric

"chriscl" wrote:

> I haven't noticed any problems with the enhancements off. I must leave them
> off so the media player will work.
> --
> chriscl
>

> "eric m" wrote:
>
> > thank you so much. it worked! it didn't seem to have any effect last
> > night...perhaps restarting the pc this morning did something. by the way, by
> > disabling \all/ the enhancements, will some performance be lost in other
> > applications...is it a good idea to re-enable the enhancements once i am done
> > using dvdmaker?
> > cheers,
> >
> > eric
> >
> > "chriscl" wrote:
> >
> > > It looks like you did the right thing. Your control panel must be a little
> > > different. You say 'disable srs enhancements". Do you mean "all"
> > > enhancements? Also, be sure to click "apply" and then Ok.
> > > --
> > > chriscl

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjbA==?=

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow (problem still t
I will. Based on the lack of replys to this thread, you may be one of the
first people trying this.
--
chriscl

"eric m" wrote:

> i hate to ask, but, besides disabling enhancements, do you know of any other
> way of enabling smooth musical transitions between slides using dvd slideshow
> maker. after disabling the enhancements, the presentation worked well, so i
> closed it thinking all was well. when i started to edit the presentation
> again today, i noticed that the problem was in fact still there: the music
> hesitates at each picture transition. i'm wondering if perhaps one needs a
> super computer to run vista along w/ these programs. i was hoping to do some
> video editing on this new computer, but if it cannot even manage a
> photoslideshow, i wonder.
> anyhow.\
> your original advice was helpful. if you can think of anything else
> regarding this matter, please let me know.
>
> tia,
>
> eric
>
> "chriscl" wrote:
>
> > I haven't noticed any problems with the enhancements off. I must leave them
> > off so the media player will work.
> > --
> > chriscl
> >

> > "eric m" wrote:
> >
> > > thank you so much. it worked! it didn't seem to have any effect last
> > > night...perhaps restarting the pc this morning did something. by the way, by
> > > disabling \all/ the enhancements, will some performance be lost in other
> > > applications...is it a good idea to re-enable the enhancements once i am done
> > > using dvdmaker?
> > > cheers,
> > >
> > > eric

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYyBt?=

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow (problem still t
i figured out that by disabling the 'pan and zoom' effects in the slide show
menu of the dvd maker, the slideshow will run smooth. it would be nice to
use the p/z effects as it gives motion to the slide show. good point-
standard slide transitions don't screw up.

"chriscl" wrote:

> I will. Based on the lack of replys to this thread, you may be one of the
> first people trying this.
> --
> chriscl
>

> "eric m" wrote:
>
> > i hate to ask, but, besides disabling enhancements, do you know of any other
> > way of enabling smooth musical transitions between slides using dvd slideshow
> > maker. after disabling the enhancements, the presentation worked well, so i
> > closed it thinking all was well. when i started to edit the presentation
> > again today, i noticed that the problem was in fact still there: the music
> > hesitates at each picture transition. i'm wondering if perhaps one needs a
> > super computer to run vista along w/ these programs. i was hoping to do some
> > video editing on this new computer, but if it cannot even manage a
> > photoslideshow, i wonder.
> > anyhow.\
> > your original advice was helpful. if you can think of anything else
> > regarding this matter, please let me know.
> >
> > tia,
> >
> > eric
> >
> > "chriscl" wrote:
> >
> > > I haven't noticed any problems with the enhancements off. I must leave them
> > > off so the media player will work.
> > > --
> > > chriscl

Ohbladi

RE: Skipping audio in windows dvd maker slideshow (problem still t
Reading through this (even 3 months later) was disheartened to find only one
post on this problem- my audio and video "skip" both on the computer and on
the burned DVD. Saw one thought that there is bug when MP3 songs are
transferred to DVD files- any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you