Windows Movie Maker

Analeese

Windows Movie Maker
Is there any way to convert an audio CD created in WMM that will currently
play only on the computer (or device that supports WMP files) to an ordinary
CD that will play on any CD player?
--
Analeese
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Movie Maker

What file extension are the files on the CD?
Generally it will be easier/better to burn the CD with Windows Media Player
as opposed to Windows Movie Maker.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Analeese" <Analeese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news238B799-7261-4C19-8384-11E718A7E0CB@microsoft.com...
> Is there any way to convert an audio CD created in WMM that will currently
> play only on the computer (or device that supports WMP files) to an
> ordinary
> CD that will play on any CD player?
> --
> Analeese

Analeese

Re: Windows Movie Maker
Hi, the reason I burned on WMM instead of WMP was because I needed to shorten
the music. We are using the music to dance in competition and they limit the
length of the music. You cannot manipulate the music in WMP (that I can
tell). We need to add tags, shorten the music, etc. to fit our dances. The
CD's will play on new equipment (even in my car). I guess the CD player
needs to support the software of WMM. Thanks for your help. I will go back
and check the extension and let you know.
--
Analeese

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What file extension are the files on the CD?
> Generally it will be easier/better to burn the CD with Windows Media Player
> as opposed to Windows Movie Maker.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Analeese" <Analeese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news238B799-7261-4C19-8384-11E718A7E0CB@microsoft.com...
> > Is there any way to convert an audio CD created in WMM that will currently
> > play only on the computer (or device that supports WMP files) to an
> > ordinary
> > CD that will play on any CD player?
> > --
> > Analeese

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Movie Maker

You should be able to shorten the files using Movie Maker (or the Windows
Media File Editor included with the Windows Media Encoder download from
Microsoft), and then burn them using Windows Media Player. =)