WMP11 - Won't let me rate my music

asainspace

WMP11 - Won't let me rate my music
For some reason and I have looked at everything I can think of, WMP11 will
not let me any longer rate my music. Am I being completely stupid or is
there some silly piece of malicious software that has got on my PC? I keep
my security and firewalls up to date on a daily basis.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP11 - Won't let me rate my music

Does it work on a second user account on the system?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"asainspace" <asainspace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason and I have looked at everything I can think of, WMP11 will
> not let me any longer rate my music. Am I being completely stupid or is
> there some silly piece of malicious software that has got on my PC? I
> keep
> my security and firewalls up to date on a daily basis.

asainspace

Re: WMP11 - Won't let me rate my music
That is a good question. I will check and come back with an answer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply as this is really getting on my nerves.
:-)

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Does it work on a second user account on the system?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "asainspace" <asainspace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For some reason and I have looked at everything I can think of, WMP11 will
> > not let me any longer rate my music. Am I being completely stupid or is
> > there some silly piece of malicious software that has got on my PC? I
> > keep
> > my security and firewalls up to date on a daily basis.

asainspace

Re: WMP11 - Won't let me rate my music
I did not have a second user account on my system. I created one and the
problem is still there.

I'm running WMP 11 on Vista. Help.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Does it work on a second user account on the system?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "asainspace" <asainspace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For some reason and I have looked at everything I can think of, WMP11 will
> > not let me any longer rate my music. Am I being completely stupid or is
> > there some silly piece of malicious software that has got on my PC? I
> > keep
> > my security and firewalls up to date on a daily basis.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP11 - Won't let me rate my music

That's bizarre. When did this first start happening? What exactly happens
when you try to rate music? Is this music local to the system or on some
other drive/computer?