Movie Maker can not publish movie

Jags

Movie Maker can not publish movie
Hi,
I am using Vista Home Premium. I have created a movie with Movie Maker, and
when i try to publish the movie with the default settings, its giving an
error message: "Movie Maker can not publish the movie. The source files may
not be available, or the disk space is not enouth...". I have my source files
in the same path, 50GB of free disk space is there. But its not publishing
the movie. But, if i select the third option the select bit rate window ie.,
AVI-DV in the dropdown list, the publishing is successfull. But the .AVI file
created is huge in size.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with movie maker, and why it is not able to
publish the movie with default settings.
Thanks and Regards...
Jags

RE: Movie Maker can not publish movie
can anyone help on the below issue??

"Jags" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Vista Home Premium. I have created a movie with Movie Maker, and
> when i try to publish the movie with the default settings, its giving an
> error message: "Movie Maker can not publish the movie. The source files may
> not be available, or the disk space is not enouth...". I have my source files
> in the same path, 50GB of free disk space is there. But its not publishing
> the movie. But, if i select the third option the select bit rate window ie.,
> AVI-DV in the dropdown list, the publishing is successfull. But the .AVI file
> created is huge in size.
> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with movie maker, and why it is not able to
> publish the movie with default settings.
> Thanks and Regards...

PapaJohn

Re: Movie Maker can not publish movie
check my website's Problem Solving > Can't Save a Movie page

PapaJohn

"Jags" <Jags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anyone help on the below issue??
>
> "Jags" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am using Vista Home Premium. I have created a movie with Movie Maker,
>> and
>> when i try to publish the movie with the default settings, its giving an
>> error message: "Movie Maker can not publish the movie. The source files
>> may
>> not be available, or the disk space is not enouth...". I have my source
>> files
>> in the same path, 50GB of free disk space is there. But its not
>> publishing
>> the movie. But, if i select the third option the select bit rate window
>> ie.,
>> AVI-DV in the dropdown list, the publishing is successfull. But the .AVI
>> file
>> created is huge in size.
>> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with movie maker, and why it is not able
>> publish the movie with default settings.
>> Thanks and Regards...

Jags

Re: Movie Maker can not publish movie
Thanks for the reply..
I have gone through the article(huge one)...It has may reasons for the
problem and obviously many solutuins...but i could not find out what is
suitable for my problem...i have tried increasing the Virtual memory, but
still same problem....
can you suggest any other soultion for the problem i have given below??
Thanks and Regards...

"PapaJohn" wrote:

> check my website's Problem Solving > Can't Save a Movie page
>
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn
>

> "Jags" <Jags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > can anyone help on the below issue??
> >
> > "Jags" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I am using Vista Home Premium. I have created a movie with Movie Maker,
> >> and
> >> when i try to publish the movie with the default settings, its giving an
> >> error message: "Movie Maker can not publish the movie. The source files
> >> may
> >> not be available, or the disk space is not enouth...". I have my source
> >> files
> >> in the same path, 50GB of free disk space is there. But its not
> >> publishing
> >> the movie. But, if i select the third option the select bit rate window
> >> ie.,
> >> AVI-DV in the dropdown list, the publishing is successfull. But the .AVI
> >> file
> >> created is huge in size.
> >> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with movie maker, and why it is not able
> >> publish the movie with default settings.
> >> Thanks and Regards...

PapaJohn

Re: Movie Maker can not publish movie
can you save a single clip like a BMP image file to a wmv?? if not, then you
probably need to fix or reinstall Movie Maker...

> Thanks for the reply..
> I have gone through the article(huge one)...It has may reasons for the
> problem and obviously many solutuins...but i could not find out what is
> suitable for my problem...i have tried increasing the Virtual memory, but
> still same problem....
> can you suggest any other soultion for the problem i have given below??
> Thanks and Regards...
>
> "PapaJohn" wrote:
>
>> check my website's Problem Solving > Can't Save a Movie page
>>
>> --
>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>
>> PapaJohn
>>

>> "Jags" <Jags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > can anyone help on the below issue??

Jags

Re: Movie Maker can not publish movie
I have tried to publish with a single JPEG image...but i am getting the same
error.
I heard that we can not remove MovieMaker from Vista. Is this really
possible??

"PapaJohn" wrote:

> can you save a single clip like a BMP image file to a wmv?? if not, then you
> probably need to fix or reinstall Movie Maker...
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn
>

> "Jags" <Jags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply..
> > I have gone through the article(huge one)...It has may reasons for the
> > problem and obviously many solutuins...but i could not find out what is
> > suitable for my problem...i have tried increasing the Virtual memory, but
> > still same problem....
> > can you suggest any other soultion for the problem i have given below??
> > Thanks and Regards...
> >
> > "PapaJohn" wrote:
> >
> >> check my website's Problem Solving > Can't Save a Movie page
> >>
> >> --
> >> website references are to www.papajohn.org
> >>
> >> PapaJohn

PapaJohn

Re: Movie Maker can not publish movie
Some Movie Maker users have issues with JPEG image files.... a BMP is a
better test.

You can't remove Movie Maker from Vista or XP... but you can reinstall over
the existing setup. I haven't done any re-installs in Vista but I'd expect
it to be pretty similar to doing MM2.1 in XP, so the Setup Movie Maker >
MM2.1 page of my website might help.

>I have tried to publish with a single JPEG image...but i am getting the
>same
> error.
> I heard that we can not remove MovieMaker from Vista. Is this really
> possible??
>
> "PapaJohn" wrote:
>
>> can you save a single clip like a BMP image file to a wmv?? if not, then
>> you
>> probably need to fix or reinstall Movie Maker...
>> --
>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>
>> PapaJohn
>>

>> "Jags" <Jags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the reply..
>> > I have gone through the article(huge one)...It has may reasons for the
>> > problem and obviously many solutuins...but i could not find out what is
>> > suitable for my problem...i have tried increasing the Virtual memory,
>> > but
>> > still same problem....
>> > can you suggest any other soultion for the problem i have given below??
>> > Thanks and Regards...

Jags

Re: Movie Maker can not publish movie
Once again...
I have tried with a BMP image file, and got the same error...then
Downloaded MM2.6 from Microsoft website and installed, then tried to make a
movie with 3 mpeg videos, then got the same error even in MM2.6 also...
I am now having MM6(one came with Vista) and MM2.6...both are not working

Your help much appreciated...
Thanks and Regards..
Jagadeesh.K

"PapaJohn" wrote:

> Some Movie Maker users have issues with JPEG image files.... a BMP is a
> better test.
>
> You can't remove Movie Maker from Vista or XP... but you can reinstall over
> the existing setup. I haven't done any re-installs in Vista but I'd expect
> it to be pretty similar to doing MM2.1 in XP, so the Setup Movie Maker >
> MM2.1 page of my website might help.
>
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn
>

> "Jags" <Jags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried to publish with a single JPEG image...but i am getting the
> >same
> > error.
> > I heard that we can not remove MovieMaker from Vista. Is this really
> > possible??
> >
> > "PapaJohn" wrote:
> >
> >> can you save a single clip like a BMP image file to a wmv?? if not, then
> >> you
> >> probably need to fix or reinstall Movie Maker...
> >> --
> >> website references are to www.papajohn.org
> >>
> >> PapaJohn

Jags

Re: Movie Maker can not publish movie
Can any one help on this....Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

"Jags" wrote:

> Once again...
> I have tried with a BMP image file, and got the same error...then
> Downloaded MM2.6 from Microsoft website and installed, then tried to make a
> movie with 3 mpeg videos, then got the same error even in MM2.6 also...
> I am now having MM6(one came with Vista) and MM2.6...both are not working
>
> Your help much appreciated...
> Thanks and Regards..
> Jagadeesh.K
>
> "PapaJohn" wrote:
>
> > Some Movie Maker users have issues with JPEG image files.... a BMP is a
> > better test.
> >
> > You can't remove Movie Maker from Vista or XP... but you can reinstall over
> > the existing setup. I haven't done any re-installs in Vista but I'd expect
> > it to be pretty similar to doing MM2.1 in XP, so the Setup Movie Maker >
> > MM2.1 page of my website might help.
> >
> > --
> > website references are to www.papajohn.org
> >
> > PapaJohn
> >

> > "Jags" <Jags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have tried to publish with a single JPEG image...but i am getting the
> > >same
> > > error.
> > > I heard that we can not remove MovieMaker from Vista. Is this really
> > > possible??

PapaJohn

Re: Movie Maker can not publish movie
try unchecking all the line items in your MM6 and/or MM2.6 compatibility
list.... Tools > Options > Compatibility

then try again with the single BMP

PapaJohn (MVP)