Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Ripping

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2008
Phil
 

Posts: n/a
Ripping
I have recently bought a MP3 player & have set about filling it with music
using Windows Media Player, I have noticed that some albums seem to get
unstable & skip a bit like a needle going across a record. The CD's are well
looked after & not scratched. The problem seems to be somewhere in the
ripping process as the tracks skip when played back on the PC, I have tried
ripping the same albums on another PC with similar results so it's not
anything to do with my CD Drive, I tend to think the CD's are read too fast
but that's just my opinion. I'm not 100% sure but I think it may be long
compilation albums IE. Greatest Hits that seem to be the main culprits, any
ideas?

Phil.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2008
carabif
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Ripping

this happens on mine also, no idea why. how did you get your music to
play on your mp3? i am trying to put music onto a pendrive to use in the
car i can transfer the songs across but they will not play as if the
format is incorrect.


--
carabif
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2008
Phil
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Ripping
Sorry, no idea what your problem is,

Phil.


"carabif" <carabif.3426w0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:carabif.3426w0@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> this happens on mine also, no idea why. how did you get your music to
> play on your mp3? i am trying to put music onto a pendrive to use in the
> car i can transfer the songs across but they will not play as if the
> format is incorrect.
>
>
> --
> carabif


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2008
Ozark58
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Ripping

"Phil" <p.tann@talk21.com> wrote in message
news:OsHaJF0YIHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I have recently bought a MP3 player & have set about filling it with music
>using Windows Media Player, I have noticed that some albums seem to get
>unstable & skip a bit like a needle going across a record. The CD's are
>well looked after & not scratched. The problem seems to be somewhere in the
>ripping process as the tracks skip when played back on the PC, I have tried
>ripping the same albums on another PC with similar results so it's not
>anything to do with my CD Drive, I tend to think the CD's are read too fast
>but that's just my opinion. I'm not 100% sure but I think it may be long
>compilation albums IE. Greatest Hits that seem to be the main culprits, any
>ideas?


It sounds like your computer's processor is getting slowed down with another
application running in the background. Things like Windows Update could
be downloading an update while you're trying to play music and that would
intermitently interfere with the audio.

Also, your computer's memory may be overloaded with background programs that
are running without your explicit knowledge. You can look at your Startup
menu by
clicking your Start button at the bottom of your desktop, then click Run,
then type in
msconfig into the text box and then click OK.

This will bring up the systems configuration window. Now, on this window
look for a
tab called Startup and click that tab. This will show you the Startup list.
Each item
showing in this list is currently running in memory. Many of these items
don't need to
running all the time and they are taking up needless memory space.

Review the list of startup items and uncheck any of those programs that
don't need to be
running all the time. Just don't uncheck your Audio or Anti-Virus programs
or SystemTray
or Microsoft Operating System programs. Microsoft Office applications can
be unchecked.

This will apply to Windows 98, Me, XP and Vista.

You must reboot/restart after making the changes. On restart, you'll get a
onetime
message telling you that you are using "Selective Service", click the
checkbox that says
"don't show me this anymore". You're done.

If problem persist...you'll probably have to install more memory or get a
faster
computer.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2008
Phil
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Ripping
Thanks,

Phil.


"Ozark58" <ozark58@swbell.net> wrote in message
news:uDHQTFPZIHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>
> "Phil" <p.tann@talk21.com> wrote in message
> news:OsHaJF0YIHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>I have recently bought a MP3 player & have set about filling it with music
>>using Windows Media Player, I have noticed that some albums seem to get
>>unstable & skip a bit like a needle going across a record. The CD's are
>>well looked after & not scratched. The problem seems to be somewhere in
>>the ripping process as the tracks skip when played back on the PC, I have
>>tried ripping the same albums on another PC with similar results so it's
>>not anything to do with my CD Drive, I tend to think the CD's are read too
>>fast but that's just my opinion. I'm not 100% sure but I think it may be
>>long compilation albums IE. Greatest Hits that seem to be the main
>>culprits, any ideas?

>
> It sounds like your computer's processor is getting slowed down with
> another
> application running in the background. Things like Windows Update could
> be downloading an update while you're trying to play music and that would
> intermitently interfere with the audio.
>
> Also, your computer's memory may be overloaded with background programs
> that
> are running without your explicit knowledge. You can look at your Startup
> menu by
> clicking your Start button at the bottom of your desktop, then click Run,
> then type in
> msconfig into the text box and then click OK.
>
> This will bring up the systems configuration window. Now, on this window
> look for a
> tab called Startup and click that tab. This will show you the Startup
> list. Each item
> showing in this list is currently running in memory. Many of these items
> don't need to
> running all the time and they are taking up needless memory space.
>
> Review the list of startup items and uncheck any of those programs that
> don't need to be
> running all the time. Just don't uncheck your Audio or Anti-Virus programs
> or SystemTray
> or Microsoft Operating System programs. Microsoft Office applications can
> be unchecked.
>
> This will apply to Windows 98, Me, XP and Vista.
>
> You must reboot/restart after making the changes. On restart, you'll get
> a onetime
> message telling you that you are using "Selective Service", click the
> checkbox that says
> "don't show me this anymore". You're done.
>
> If problem persist...you'll probably have to install more memory or get a
> faster
> computer.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ripping one song from cd kendall microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-29-2007 01:27
RIAA: CD Ripping is 'Unauthorized Use' Steve Security News 0 12-18-2007 04:10
ripping from a mp3 cd Craig microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 08-07-2007 16:33
Ripping Cd's onto iTunes Joe Davis microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 08-03-2007 20:36
Is Your Printer Ripping You Off? Steve General Technology News 0 04-21-2007 17:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:26.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120