movie maker timeline problem

Jessica

movie maker timeline problem
I'm having the same problem that it seems a lot of people are having with
movie maker in windows vista. i can play selected clips in the preview
window, but my timeline will not play anything. i've read over the websites
that graham posted with no useful information on any of them for me. all the
files were originally wmv files so there has not been, nor has there needed
to be any file conversion. all the video i'm using was taken using my webcam
so it was not imported from external hardware. the suggestion to remove all
transitions completely defeats the purpose of the program, the point is to
have the titles and nice transitions and if i have to remove them for the
program to work properly...well that's a problem. with all the postings on
this issue i have yet to find one with a helpful solution. please advise.
Graham Hughes

Re: movie maker timeline problem
WHat web cam?
What software do you use to produce the wmv file?
I assume by originally wmv you mean they started as wmv and have not been
changed since?
What are their properties?
Are there only these wmv files on the timeline?
How have you inserted transitions if you don't see anythig on the timeline?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem that it seems a lot of people are having with
> movie maker in windows vista. i can play selected clips in the preview
> window, but my timeline will not play anything. i've read over the
> websites
> that graham posted with no useful information on any of them for me. all
> the
> files were originally wmv files so there has not been, nor has there
> needed
> to be any file conversion. all the video i'm using was taken using my
> webcam
> so it was not imported from external hardware. the suggestion to remove
> all
> transitions completely defeats the purpose of the program, the point is to
> have the titles and nice transitions and if i have to remove them for the
> program to work properly...well that's a problem. with all the postings on
> this issue i have yet to find one with a helpful solution. please advise.

Jessica

Re: movie maker timeline problem
web cam: m icrosoft life cam
software: when i capture the video it just automatically saves, when i open
the file it automatically opens media player to play

yes, they are and have always been wmv files

what properties?

the things on the timeline are the wmv files and titles/transitions that i
added in the editing process-no other file types have ever been on the
timeline

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> WHat web cam?
> What software do you use to produce the wmv file?
> I assume by originally wmv you mean they started as wmv and have not been
> changed since?
> What are their properties?
> Are there only these wmv files on the timeline?
> How have you inserted transitions if you don't see anythig on the timeline?
>

> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having the same problem that it seems a lot of people are having with
> > movie maker in windows vista. i can play selected clips in the preview
> > window, but my timeline will not play anything. i've read over the
> > websites
> > that graham posted with no useful information on any of them for me. all
> > the
> > files were originally wmv files so there has not been, nor has there
> > needed
> > to be any file conversion. all the video i'm using was taken using my
> > webcam
> > so it was not imported from external hardware. the suggestion to remove
> > all
> > transitions completely defeats the purpose of the program, the point is to
> > have the titles and nice transitions and if i have to remove them for the
> > program to work properly...well that's a problem. with all the postings on
> > this issue i have yet to find one with a helpful solution. please advise.

Jessica

Re: movie maker timeline problem
webcam: microsoft lifecam
software: the files automatically open with windows media player
file type: they were captured on my computer with the webcam and started at
wmv files so i did not have to convert them at all
what properties?
the times timeline contains wmv files, titles and transitions that i added
in the editing process, and wav files that i captured using the mic built
into the webcam that i have. these files were also original wav files.
the problem isn't seeing things on the timeline. i am unable to play
anything on the timeline.