Half a picture in Windows Photo Gallery

DHG

Half a picture in Windows Photo Gallery
What am I doing wrong ? Using Vista Home Premium on HP Pavilion a6120n
Computer why does Photo Gallery and an HP Officejet5610 All-in-One print
only half of an intended 8 x 10 on Soft Gloss paper but the complete picture
on regular paper ? This printer has had some other peculiarities but this
is the latest. Other programs do print the 8 x 10 but the quality looks
poorer.

John Inzer

Re: Half a picture in Windows Photo Gallery
DHG wrote:
> What am I doing wrong ? Using Vista Home Premium on HP Pavilion
> a6120n Computer why does Photo Gallery and an HP Officejet5610
> All-in-One print only half of an intended 8 x 10 on Soft Gloss paper
> but the complete picture on regular paper ? This printer has had
> some other peculiarities but this is the latest. Other programs do
> print the 8 x 10 but the quality looks poorer.

===========================
Are you using the most current Vista
compatible driver for your printer?

HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One
http://tinyurl.com/yp792u

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 1125&lang=en

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

DHG

Re: Half a picture in Windows Photo Gallery
I am getting somewhat conflicting information: At the web site you have
given I see that the latest driver is listed as: 080.001.237.000 with a date
of 03/2007. When I get into "Image Device" I see that the driver is
listed as 8.0.0.1 with a 10/11/2006 date. Which might suggest that it is
not the latest, but immediately below that the option of Up Dating the
driver is grayed out. Going through the process of using the HP
All-in-One Check (at first the computer just shut down and restarted)
eventually led to screen in which the printer and operating system were
correctly identified but after "RESULTS" it was blank !

I have had other problems involving this All-in-One and driver problems have
been suggested. Perhaps I should go ahead and down load the
080.001.237.000. Until recently I did not have hi-speed connection and
was reluctant to try this with being reasonably sure that the problem was
there.

DHG wrote:
> I am getting somewhat conflicting information: At the web site you
> have given I see that the latest driver is listed as: 080.001.237.000
> with a date of 03/2007. When I get into "Image Device" I see that
> the driver is listed as 8.0.0.1 with a 10/11/2006 date. Which might
> suggest that it is not the latest, but immediately below that the
> option of Up Dating the driver is grayed out. Going through the
> process of using the HP All-in-One Check (at first the computer
> just shut down and restarted) eventually led to screen in which the
> printer and operating system were correctly identified but after
> "RESULTS" it was blank !
> I have had other problems involving this All-in-One and driver
> problems have been suggested. Perhaps I should go ahead and down
> load the 080.001.237.000. Until recently I did not have hi-speed
> connection and was reluctant to try this with being reasonably sure
> that the problem was there.

=======================================
If you decide to install the driver, I would suggest
that you download the file to your hard drive and
install from there...scroll down to the button that says
Download Only.

Vista instructions are not mentioned but the info
at the following link may still be useful:

HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One
http://tinyurl.com/2f8576

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...441125&lang=en

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

DHG

Re: Half a picture in Windows Photo Gallery
Thanks