SOny DCR HC30 Camcorder not recognized in vista

jawa

SOny DCR HC30 Camcorder not recognized in vista

I am not able to download Sony DCR HC30 tape video into Sony VAIO laptop
as the windows vista does not recognixe the camcorder through firewire
or USB. I tried through movie maker, picture motion browser, adobe
premier etc. Can someone help as I have lot of tapes to be downloaded.

Jawa

--
jawa
jawa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=40590

http://forums.techarena.in

Graham Hughes

Re: SOny DCR HC30 Camcorder not recognized in vista
When you connect the cam using the firewire cable do you get the ping and
found new hardware balloon?
If not I suspect a poor or faulty connection, check this page out and
beg/steal/borrow three working items - that you've seen working and test
your components
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Probl...notCapture.htm

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"jawa" <jawa.33xs3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I am not able to download Sony DCR HC30 tape video into Sony VAIO laptop
> as the windows vista does not recognixe the camcorder through firewire
> or USB. I tried through movie maker, picture motion browser, adobe
> premier etc. Can someone help as I have lot of tapes to be downloaded.
>

> Jawa
>

> --
> jawa
> jawa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=40590
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=903335
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

jawa

Re: SOny DCR HC30 Camcorder not recognized in vista

Thanks for the help and the article is wonderful. I tried all the
options discussed in the article. The device manager is not showing any
problems and the driver is updated. But still the camcorder is not
recognized. I am not getting the ping when I connect the device through
firewire. Is there any special thing for vista to be looked into as the
article deals with XP.

I baught Sony Vaio only for the reason of easily connecting to sony
products. Anyway, please help me to solve the issue once again

Regards,
Jawa

--
jawa
jawa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=40590
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=903336

http://forums.techarena.in

jawa

Re: SOny DCR HC30 Camcorder not recognized in vista

Please help me as the issue remains unsolved. Looking forwrad for a good
guidance

Regrds,
Jawahar

--
jawa
jawa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=40590
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=903336

http://forums.techarena.in

b123

Re: SOny DCR HC30 Camcorder not recognized in vista

Perhaps you need an iLink cable? I just purchased a 4 to 6 pin (and 4
to 4 pin for my laptop) on ebay for about $3 each from China (includes
shipping).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8181019AApNIoW

(Even from Sony... Importing/Exporting movies from/to a tape by
connecting the camcorder to the computer via i.LINK« cable.)

Also, here are Sony's drivers for the camera

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...pl?mdl=DCRHC30

maybe this usb driver works, or just for memory card downloads
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-do...ES&mdl=DCRHC30

--
b123
b123's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50965