Sound Files on Powerpoint

Guildford Girl

Sound Files on Powerpoint
Hi,
I have created a Powerpoint presentation and added a sound file (music).
However, when I save the presentation to a disk for someone else to play on
their computer, it does not play the music, as it seems to lift the music
from my C: drive. How do I get the music to stay on the presentation/disk
and play on other people's computers?
--
LJ

shannonwang is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think it may because the original sound file did not copied to other people's machine, while it can be played on your own machine, as there exist source sound on your local C: drive, but other people does not have.

Therefore, if you want to play the PowerPoint file with sound on other people' computer, i advise you to use some PowerPoint Burner like Moyea PPT to DVD Burner to convert your PowerPoint file to video file in formats of MPEG, AVI, MOV, MP4, etc, and then upload it to some video share web like YouTube to share with the people you like.

Besides, you also can use this PPT Burner to burn your PowerPoint to DVD disc directly, and then distribute the disc to the people you want to view it.

As this PPT Burner can fully retain the original elements, including movie clips, video and audio file; as well as it can add up to 5 background music for the output.
Guildford Girl

Re: Sound Files on Powerpoint
Okay, I will try the software you suggest. I am still confused though, why
if I delete the song (sound file) from my hard drive, it won't play on the
presentation on my computer either. Why doesn't the sound file stay saved on
the presentation, regardless of its source?
--
LJ

"shannonwang" wrote:

> I think it may because the original sound file did not copied to other
> people's machine, while it can be played on your own machine, as there
> exist source sound on your local C: drive, but other people does not
> have.
>
> Therefore, if you want to play the PowerPoint file with sound on other
> people' computer, i advise you to use some PowerPoint Burner like 'Moyea
> PPT to DVD Burner' (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com) to convert your
> PowerPoint file to video file in formats of MPEG, AVI, MOV, MP4, etc,
> and then upload it to some video share web like YouTube to share with
> the people you like.
>
> Besides, you also can use this PPT Burner to burn your PowerPoint to
> DVD disc directly, and then distribute the disc to the people you want
> to view it.
>
> As this PPT Burner can fully retain the original elements, including
> movie clips, video and audio file; as well as it can add up to 5
> background music for the output.
>

> --
> shannonwang

shannonwang is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In fact, PowerPoint can not save any video files itself. It only can played the role as a carrier for the sound file, while the sound file can be regarded as the wire-puller.

But if you use PPT to DVD Burner to convert it to Video file, the sound file would become one part of the video file. Generally, MPEG, AVI, MOV or any other video format file is composed of video and audio. Ther the sound become the audio part of the generate file.

Therefore, it may be a very good solution for you!