Backup Copy Protected CD's.

Dave

Backup Copy Protected CD's.
Hi all,

I want to make a back up of a copy protected cd-rom.

This is NOT piracy, I just want to keep the original disk in pristine
condition.

Can Vista Ultimate do this, or can anyone suggest an application that will?

Thanks,

Dave.

Kevin

Re: Backup Copy Protected CD's.

"Dave" <dbarrat@nospam.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news366DC03-BF6F-40CC-95E4-EAB5270ECF85@microsoft.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I want to make a back up of a copy protected cd-rom.
>
> This is NOT piracy, I just want to keep the original disk in pristine
> condition.
>
> Can Vista Ultimate do this, or can anyone suggest an application that
> will?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave.

If I were to mention a product called DVD Fab Decrypter, you might Google
for it. Or you could Google for bagels. Your choice.

Dave

"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Dave" <dbarrat@nospam.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news366DC03-BF6F-40CC-95E4-EAB5270ECF85@microsoft.com...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to make a back up of a copy protected cd-rom.
>>
>> This is NOT piracy, I just want to keep the original disk in pristine
>> condition.
>>
>> Can Vista Ultimate do this, or can anyone suggest an application that
>> will?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dave.

> If I were to mention a product called DVD Fab Decrypter, you might Google
> for it. Or you could Google for bagels. Your choice.

Thanks Kevin,

The Bagel recipes were great!!

Unfortunately, it is a CD-ROM, not a DVD-ROM that I want to copy. The
product mentioned doesn't seem to do what I want. Am I doing something
wrong, or is there another application the will back-up copy protected
CD-ROMS?

I bought my mum the CD-ROM of local road rules (as she is getting on in
years & needs a refresher course), she uses it on a laptop in the kitchen.
It runs directly from the CD. I'm concerned that she will get Bagel dough
all over it!! I want to hold the original for safe keeping.

All ideas welcome though.

Thanks again,

> "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Dave" <dbarrat@nospam.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> news366DC03-BF6F-40CC-95E4-EAB5270ECF85@microsoft.com...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I want to make a back up of a copy protected cd-rom.
>>>
>>> This is NOT piracy, I just want to keep the original disk in pristine
>>> condition.
>>>
>>> Can Vista Ultimate do this, or can anyone suggest an application that
>>> will?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Dave.

>> If I were to mention a product called DVD Fab Decrypter, you might Google
>> for it. Or you could Google for bagels. Your choice.

> Thanks Kevin,
>
> The Bagel recipes were great!!
>
> Unfortunately, it is a CD-ROM, not a DVD-ROM that I want to copy. The
> product mentioned doesn't seem to do what I want. Am I doing something
> wrong, or is there another application the will back-up copy protected
> CD-ROMS?
>
> I bought my mum the CD-ROM of local road rules (as she is getting on in
> years & needs a refresher course), she uses it on a laptop in the kitchen.
> It runs directly from the CD. I'm concerned that she will get Bagel dough
> all over it!! I want to hold the original for safe keeping.
>
> All ideas welcome though.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Dave.

Try this link:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/CD-.../Clone-CD.html

CD Freaks is the ultimate source for all things CD (and DVD) that you need.

Good luck!