photoshop cs3 error : will not open images from my camera

dollylove

photoshop cs3 error : will not open images from my camera
I just got a laptop with Vista and I've installed Adobe Photoshop Cs3
Extended on it. I have a Nikon Coolpix S200 and I am trying to open pictures
from it, but I always get an error message that reads:

Could not complete the request because it is not the right kind of document.

I am trying to open the files through PS. I go to file, open, browse, and
then I click on my camera and open the folder with the pictures. I don't want
to transfer all the photos over from my camera because I have over 1000 pix.
I just want to be able to go onto my camera and pick the one picture I want.

However, if I am in explorer, and if I'm looking at my camera folder
contents, I can right click the photo I want and select "Open with" and pick
photoshop, and it will open no problem. I don't understand. This works, but I
really prefer the other method.

Does it have something to do with my camera, or is this just want of the
peeves of Vista? I do not have this problem on my desktop, so I'm pretty sure
that its something to do with Vista...
Dave7875

RE: photoshop cs3 error : will not open images from my camera

"dollylove" wrote:

> I just got a laptop with Vista and I've installed Adobe Photoshop Cs3
> Extended on it. I have a Nikon Coolpix S200 and I am trying to open pictures
> from it, but I always get an error message that reads:
>
> Could not complete the request because it is not the right kind of document.
>
> I am trying to open the files through PS. I go to file, open, browse, and
> then I click on my camera and open the folder with the pictures. I don't want
> to transfer all the photos over from my camera because I have over 1000 pix.
> I just want to be able to go onto my camera and pick the one picture I want.
>
> However, if I am in explorer, and if I'm looking at my camera folder
> contents, I can right click the photo I want and select "Open with" and pick
> photoshop, and it will open no problem. I don't understand. This works, but I
> really prefer the other method.
>
> Does it have something to do with my camera, or is this just want of the
> peeves of Vista? I do not have this problem on my desktop, so I'm pretty sure
> that its something to do with Vista...

I bought a new computer with Vista already installed. I also
upgraded/downgraded an existing computer that had XP on it to Vista. The
existing computer was upgraded from win98se to XP. The existing computer had
pictures in jpg format that I now cannot access. I tried reinstalling MGI
PSuite that I was using for picture viewing and editing under XP, but Vista
does NOT recognise the program. I also tried installing the program on the
new computer, but with same results. I also had problems with pictures that
friends sent me via e-mail. Vista will not open them. My fix for both
computers was to backwards upgrade them to XP. End of all problems, with all
existing hardware and software issues that were encountered with Vista.