I did it by accident now i want to do it again

brian coughlin

I did it by accident now i want to do it again
Ok i was moving some music files that wernt sorted into folders by album and
artist and as i moved one to its new home folders with the album and artist
name appeared. but i cant repeat the trick so im asking does anyone know what
happened

I was about to rename a new folder and while i had the folder name
highlighted i dragged teh file into it and suddenly two new folders appeared
with the artist name and an album title as a sub folder. My original new
folder was stuill in place. But no matter how i tried to repeat this amazing
feat i couldnt so what should i be doing

Brian
Edward

Re: I did it by accident now i want to do it again

"brian coughlin" <briancoughlin@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in
bericht news:62B996A8-A9A1-44DE-9636-77081F02B909@microsoft.com...
> Ok i was moving some music files that wernt sorted into folders by album
> and
> artist and as i moved one to its new home folders with the album and
> artist
> name appeared. but i cant repeat the trick so im asking does anyone know
> what
> happened
>
> I was about to rename a new folder and while i had the folder name
> highlighted i dragged teh file into it and suddenly two new folders
> appeared
> with the artist name and an album title as a sub folder. My original new
> folder was stuill in place. But no matter how i tried to repeat this
> amazing
> feat i couldnt so what should i be doing

in Explorer or WMP?
WMP normally can fix it.
> Brian

brian coughlin

Re: I did it by accident now i want to do it again
its in explorer i as moving a set of music files i had on a psp memory card
into my vista laptop and was about to sort them by hand into album files when
this happened so beofre i put aside 2 days of my time i thought i would check
if there is a quick way for explorer in vista to create a folder structure
for music (tagged) files