Windows Media Player Multi-Disc Sets

Tim

Windows Media Player Multi-Disc Sets
I have Vista Ultimate and have just ripped a 2-disc set of "Now The Truth Can
Be Told" by Steve Taylor. The titles include 'Disc 1' and 'Disc 2', but only
Disc 1 appropriately shows only the songs on Disc 1. Disc 2's tracklist
simply relists the songs from Disc 1, plus a couple of extras since Disc 2
has more tracks. Is there any way to correct this?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Media Player Multi-Disc Sets

Do you normally have to restart the player before a new CD is recognized?

Either AutoInsert Notification is off or you should right-click on the album
in WMP's Rip pane and use Update Album Info before ripping.

If you already ripped it, you would need to either use Find Album Info or
edit the metadata using the player.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Ultimate and have just ripped a 2-disc set of "Now The Truth
>Can
> Be Told" by Steve Taylor. The titles include 'Disc 1' and 'Disc 2', but
> only
> Disc 1 appropriately shows only the songs on Disc 1. Disc 2's tracklist
> simply relists the songs from Disc 1, plus a couple of extras since Disc 2
> has more tracks. Is there any way to correct this?

Tim

Re: Windows Media Player Multi-Disc Sets
Thanks for the info. I tried using Find Album Info after ripping the CD but
it keeps showing the information from CD1 on CD2. So it appears that the
database is wrong. I tell it this is "Disc 2" but it still shows the Disc 1
info.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Do you normally have to restart the player before a new CD is recognized?
>
> Either AutoInsert Notification is off or you should right-click on the album
> in WMP's Rip pane and use Update Album Info before ripping.
>
> If you already ripped it, you would need to either use Find Album Info or
> edit the metadata using the player.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista Ultimate and have just ripped a 2-disc set of "Now The Truth
> >Can
> > Be Told" by Steve Taylor. The titles include 'Disc 1' and 'Disc 2', but
> > only
> > Disc 1 appropriately shows only the songs on Disc 1. Disc 2's tracklist
> > simply relists the songs from Disc 1, plus a couple of extras since Disc 2
> > has more tracks. Is there any way to correct this?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Media Player Multi-Disc Sets

Is it happening for all sets of discs or just this one? What disc is it?