Photo Gallery does not open??

JRL

Photo Gallery does not open??
Photo Gallery does not open. Click on program icon...hourglass goes around
and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Thanks
John Inzer

Re: Photo Gallery does not open??
JRL wrote:
> Photo Gallery does not open. Click on program icon...hourglass goes
> around and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
> Thanks

=============================
Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

(944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
responding or will not start
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

JRL

"John Inzer" wrote:

> JRL wrote:
> > Photo Gallery does not open. Click on program icon...hourglass goes
> > around and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
> > Thanks

> =============================
> Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:
>
> (944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
> responding or will not start

> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

JRL

Re: Photo Gallery does not open??
Thanks John,
Completed step 2...but couldn't find Pictures.PD4 to change name.
Do you happen to know what the response should be ? or where I would find
Pictures.PD4?
Thanks

"John Inzer" wrote:

> JRL wrote:
> > Photo Gallery does not open. Click on program icon...hourglass goes
> > around and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
> > Thanks

> =============================
> Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:
>
> (944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
> responding or will not start

> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

martin cook

"JRL" wrote:

> Photo Gallery does not open. Click on program icon...hourglass goes around
> and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
> Thanks

I have exactly the same and the suggested website didn't help me either. I
think it refers to Live Photo galley not just Photo gallery. Mine stopped
working just after I upgraded my Windows Live messenger so I wionder if there
is a connection.

Can anyone help?
Edward

Re: Photo Gallery does not open??

"martin cook" <martincook@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

> "JRL" wrote:
>
>> Photo Gallery does not open. Click on program icon...hourglass goes
>> around
>> and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
>> Thanks

> I have exactly the same and the suggested website didn't help me either. I
> think it refers to Live Photo galley not just Photo gallery. Mine stopped
> working just after I upgraded my Windows Live messenger so I wionder if
> there
> is a connection.
>
> Can anyone help?

There are many ways. If you don't have an appropriate photo edit progam, try
this:
import the 2 photo's on a blank page in your text editor program (e.g.Word),
and drag them in the right position.
Now use the Windows cut-tool (it's in bureau accessoiries) to make a cut-out
of it, and save it as a new picture.

Edward

Re: Photo Gallery does not open??

"Edward" <edward@email.com> schreef in bericht

> "martin cook" <martincook@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>>

>> "JRL" wrote:
>>
>>> Photo Gallery does not open. Click on program icon...hourglass goes
>>> around
>>> and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
>>> Thanks

>> I have exactly the same and the suggested website didn't help me either.
>> think it refers to Live Photo galley not just Photo gallery. Mine stopped
>> working just after I upgraded my Windows Live messenger so I wionder if
>> there
>> is a connection.
>>
>> Can anyone help?

> There are many ways. If you don't have an appropriate photo edit progam,
> try this:
> import the 2 photo's on a blank page in your text editor program
> (e.g.Word), and drag them in the right position.
> Now use the Windows cut-tool (it's in bureau accessoiries) to make a
> cut-out of it, and save it as a new picture.

sorry, wrong thread.

tractor37142

Re: Photo Gallery does not open??

HI
My Photo Gallery will not start either.
Tried a System restore to 4 days ago and after vista restarted Photo
gallery opened too.
So I thought I had solved the problem-but came back to computer 2 hours
later and Photo Gallery would not start.

Intersting though if you right click on a photo and open with-photo
galley the viewer works but going back to gallery does not.

Help-as I have just spent weeks setting up tags.

Brian

--
tractor37142
tractor37142

Re: Photo Gallery does not open??

HI
Also noted that my Volume Contrtol mixer would not start from the icon
on the task bar so deleted all new programs loaded recently.

Seems that the culprit-so far-was the new BT Broadband Vista Dektop
help and or Wireless network Controller .Removed them and for two days
and a couple of on offs Photo gallery now seems to be working???
Brian

--
tractor37142