windows media player 11 keeps freezing Laptop - blue screen - cras

DECKO

windows media player 11 keeps freezing Laptop - blue screen - cras
I am having a serious problem with WMP 11, after playing any playlist or any
number of tracks for more than 15 mins, a track will stop just before the end
and the media player will stop responding, then my laptop will freeze, I have
tried bring the Task Manager up, no such luck, even ctrl+alt+del won't do
anything, then suddenly I get a blue screen (crash dump) computer then try's
to restart its self but is unable to do so and freezes again, I then have to
manully turn off the computer and switch it on again, it works fine, then
when I use WMP again the same thing happens over and over again, I am sick of
it. no other program has done this yet, and the laptop seems to run fine. The
laptop that I am using is an ACER Aspire 5100 with vista home premium.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP. Before I write off Vista

I have recommened Vista to alot of people, hope I don't end up eating my
words.
Olga

RE: windows media player 11 keeps freezing Laptop - blue screen - cras
Hello, I also have Vista Home Premium on my HP a6230n desktop. I am getting a
blue screen (crash dump) and I'm not even using the window media player at
the time, it just happens all the sudden with no specific programs running.
I have done diaganotic tests and every thing passes, no hardware or
motherboard problems show up. I think this Window Vista program is the
problem, I keep doing windows updates and the problems still haven't gotten
better. I keep checking for solutions to my problem in the report problems
and solutions thing and I have never received any solutions. My problems
started with just the quick launch freezes and not being able to shut down
properly, but now I'm having all kinds of different problems. Window Mail
stops, I get disconnected from the internet explorer, etc. I just wanted to
let you know that your problem may not be a windows media problem, because it
looks to me that every one is having all different types of Windows Vista
problems. I hope we all can get the solutions we need. Good Luck.
Olga

"DECKO" wrote:

> I am having a serious problem with WMP 11, after playing any playlist or any
> number of tracks for more than 15 mins, a track will stop just before the end
> and the media player will stop responding, then my laptop will freeze, I have
> tried bring the Task Manager up, no such luck, even ctrl+alt+del won't do
> anything, then suddenly I get a blue screen (crash dump) computer then try's
> to restart its self but is unable to do so and freezes again, I then have to
> manully turn off the computer and switch it on again, it works fine, then
> when I use WMP again the same thing happens over and over again, I am sick of
> it. no other program has done this yet, and the laptop seems to run fine. The
> laptop that I am using is an ACER Aspire 5100 with vista home premium.
> PLEASE PLEASE HELP. Before I write off Vista
>
> I have recommened Vista to alot of people, hope I don't end up eating my
> words.

Edward

Re: windows media player 11 keeps freezing Laptop - blue screen - cras

"Olga" <Olga@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hello, I also have Vista Home Premium on my HP a6230n desktop. I am
> getting a
> blue screen (crash dump) and I'm not even using the window media player at
> the time, it just happens all the sudden with no specific programs
> running.
> I have done diaganotic tests and every thing passes, no hardware or
> motherboard problems show up. I think this Window Vista program is the
> problem, I keep doing windows updates and the problems still haven't
> gotten
> better. I keep checking for solutions to my problem in the report
> problems
> and solutions thing and I have never received any solutions. My problems
> started with just the quick launch freezes and not being able to shut down
> properly, but now I'm having all kinds of different problems. Window Mail
> stops, I get disconnected from the internet explorer, etc. I just wanted
> let you know that your problem may not be a windows media problem, because
> it
> looks to me that every one is having all different types of Windows Vista
> problems. I hope we all can get the solutions we need. Good Luck.
> Olga

The point is that millions of people are completely happy with Vista and
have no problems at all. Most problems are caused by hardware
incompabilities that only experts can recognize. I can imagine your
frustrations and I sympathize with you.
Don't give up, things will turn out all right eventually , I'm sure.
Ed

Edward