MS Office Picture Manager In VISTA won't save, and deletes files

1892

MS Office Picture Manager In VISTA won't save, and deletes files
Hello,
I'm trying to resize some jpegs through MS Office Picture Manager and am
having trouble.
After I make the changes and click save I get the error "Some files could
not be saved. Try to save the files again." with the option to "Cancel Save"

I try to save it again and it still doesn't work. I reverse my changes and
try to save the file again and it still won't save, then I close MS Picture
Manager and my original file has been deleted. Simply vanishes, it's not in
the recycle bin either.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried using the "Detect and Repair"
tool in the Help menu, as well as reinstalling it through the Programs
section in the Control Panel.

I was able to do this just fine in XP. Have my VISTA fears finally been
justified?

DonnaK is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am having the exact same problem in XP. Has anyone figured out how to fix it? Thanks so much!

Location: Northern Virginia
captken is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did you ever get an answer to your question? I just discovered that I can't print from MS Office Picture Mgr to my Dell 946. Other software works but not this.

lnjr is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has figured out what the problem is when trying to save a cropped picture in vista. I have Office 2003 installed on my xp pro with sp2 and it works just fine. But when I try to use the picture manager to crop a picture on my pc with vista (with sp1) it will not save the cropped picture.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (I did check and office 2003 is compatible with vista and the word part of 2003 is working just fine)
John Inzer

Re: MS Office Picture Manager In VISTA won't save, and deletes files
lnjr wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has figured out what the problem is when
> trying to save a cropped picture in vista. I have Office 2003
> installed on my xp pro with sp2 and it works just fine. But when I
> try to use the picture manager to crop a picture on my pc with vista
> (with sp1) it will not save the cropped picture.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (I did check and office
> 2003 is compatible with vista and the word part of 2003 is working
> just fine)

====================================
I don't know about Picture Manager but there's
a good crop tool in Windows Live Photo Gallery.

--

John Inzer

John Inzer

Re:*More* MS Office Picture Manager In VISTA won't save, and deletes files
The following free software has an even
better crop tool:

FastStone Image Viewer
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

(just a personal note...the auto-save in
Windows Live PhotoGallery bugs me)

--

John Inzer

================================

> lnjr wrote:
>> Just wondering if anyone has figured out what the problem is when
>> trying to save a cropped picture in vista. I have Office 2003
>> installed on my xp pro with sp2 and it works just fine. But when I
>> try to use the picture manager to crop a picture on my pc with vista
>> (with sp1) it will not save the cropped picture.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (I did check and
>> office 2003 is compatible with vista and the word part of 2003 is
>> working just fine)

> ====================================
> I don't know about Picture Manager but there's
> a good crop tool in Windows Live Photo Gallery.

lnjr is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After installing the Office 2003 Professional suite onto the pc I should have gone to the Microsoft website and specifically checked for updates (instead of waiting for the pc do to its normal check for updates once a week - or however often it does it). After doing that and seeing that there were 3 updates for the software that were needed for my pc I downloaded and installed them and now the software works just fine.

Thanks for the info on Fast Stone Image Viewer - I'll have to check it out!

Thanks Again I really do appreciate it.

lnjr wrote:
> After installing the Office 2003 Professional suite onto the pc I
> should have gone to the Microsoft website and specifically checked
> for updates (instead of waiting for the pc do to its normal check for
> updates once a week - or however often it does it). After doing that
> and seeing that there were 3 updates for the software that were
> needed for my pc I downloaded and installed them and now the software
> works just fine.
>
> Thanks for the info on Fast Stone Image Viewer - I'll have to check it
> out!
>
> Thanks Again I really do appreciate it.

==========================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

--

John Inzer

Jeremy Simpson

Re: MS Office Picture Manager In VISTA won't save, and deletes files

I too am having the same problem. I would really like to get this
figured out. I'll keep trying and post a solution...if I ever find one.
Thanks

--
Jeremy Simpson