my music

PC

my music
I.m trying to move my Itunes from my oITunes folder from old computer to my
new one. It says to drag ITunes from the Ipod to the my music folder. I don't
find my music in vista. Itried moving it to music file but it didn't show up
my itunes on the new computer. HELP
Dave

Re: my music
Vista doesn't use the "My Music" as a folder. OR "Documents & Settings".

Instead of C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
Copy the iTunes folder to
C:\Users\(youraccount)\Music

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Dave" wrote:

> Vista doesn't use the "My Music" as a folder. OR "Documents & Settings".
>
> Instead of C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
> Copy the iTunes folder to
> C:\Users\(youraccount)\Music
> when I open that it has 2 folders itunes it has 2 choices itunes and sample music. I put in in itunes right? or something different.
> I appreciate your quick response and help.

PC

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "PC" <PC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I.m trying to move my Itunes from my oITunes folder from old computer to
> > my
> > new one. It says to drag ITunes from the Ipod to the my music folder. I
> > don't
> > find my music in vista. Itried moving it to music file but it didn't show
> > up
> > my itunes on the new computer. HELP

PC

Re: my music

"PC" wrote: When i open the music file it has 2 folder itunes and sample
folder , i put the music in the itunes folder right? thanks for your help.
PC

"PC" wrote:

> "Dave" wrote:
> > when I open that it has 2 folders itunes it has 2 choices itunes and sample music. I put in in itunes right? or something different.

> I appreciate your quick response and help.

PC
> > Vista doesn't use the "My Music" as a folder. OR "Documents & Settings".
> >
> > Instead of C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
> > Copy the iTunes folder to
> > C:\Users\(youraccount)\Music
> > when I open that it has 2 folders itunes it has 2 choices itunes and sample music. I put in in itunes right? or something different.
> > I appreciate your quick response and help.

> PC
> >
> > --
> > http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> >
> > "PC" <PC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I.m trying to move my Itunes from my oITunes folder from old computer to
> > > my
> > > new one. It says to drag ITunes from the Ipod to the my music folder. I
> > > don't
> > > find my music in vista. Itried moving it to music file but it didn't show
> > > up
> > > my itunes on the new computer. HELP

Dave

Re: my music
I'm not sure how you're doing it.... and I haven't done it before...I just
looked at the instructions that you probably did...
and I do have iTunes installed.

Do you already have files in Music\iTunes?

If you are copying a whole iTunes folder from your iPod or other device,
then it should go to Music, otherwise you will end up with
Music\iTunes\iTunes, which wouldn't be good.