Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing

ianc1505

Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing
I keep getting the "Program has stopped working" message with either of these
programs.
I have cleared all 3rd party drivers in the "Compatability" section.
I have a recollection that Nero 7 can interfere with these programmes, but
cannot find the article in the Discussion Group
I cannot find any details regarding constant crashing of the program anywhere.

I am running on Vista SP1
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing

What are the specific details for the crash according to the Problem Reports
and Solutions Center control panel, under View Problem History?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"ianc1505" <ianc1505@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting the "Program has stopped working" message with either of
>these
> programs.
> I have cleared all 3rd party drivers in the "Compatability" section.
> I have a recollection that Nero 7 can interfere with these programmes, but
> cannot find the article in the Discussion Group
> I cannot find any details regarding constant crashing of the program
> anywhere.
>
> I am running on Vista SP1

ianc1505

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing
There are several reports, as this has happened several times.
All seem to be X-Vid or DivX related.
Here is one:

Product
Windows Movie Maker

Problem
Stopped working

Date
26/01/2008 10:53

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: xvidcore.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 46a74f0c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 092d1468
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 634749906

However, I assume that I need DivX in order to play DivX .avi files (or am I
incorrect?), so do not want to uninstall it.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What are the specific details for the crash according to the Problem Reports
> and Solutions Center control panel, under View Problem History?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "ianc1505" <ianc1505@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I keep getting the "Program has stopped working" message with either of
> >these
> > programs.
> > I have cleared all 3rd party drivers in the "Compatability" section.
> > I have a recollection that Nero 7 can interfere with these programmes, but
> > cannot find the article in the Discussion Group
> > I cannot find any details regarding constant crashing of the program
> > anywhere.
> >
> > I am running on Vista SP1

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing

Yeah, that's obviously a straight-forward crash in XVid. You could probably
remove that and use FFDShow Tryouts instead and get better results. =\

--

news8E51326-59F8-4092-AA2F-4270A5F12BD0@microsoft.com...
> There are several reports, as this has happened several times.
> All seem to be X-Vid or DivX related.
> Here is one:
>
> Product
> Windows Movie Maker
>
> Problem
> Stopped working
>
> Date
> 26/01/2008 10:53
>
> Status
> Report Sent
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
> Fault Module Name: xvidcore.dll_unloaded
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 46a74f0c
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 092d1468
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
> Additional Information 1: fd00
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> Additional Information 3: fd00
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 634749906
>
> However, I assume that I need DivX in order to play DivX .avi files (or am
> incorrect?), so do not want to uninstall it.
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What are the specific details for the crash according to the Problem
>> Reports
>> and Solutions Center control panel, under View Problem History?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "ianc1505" <ianc1505@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I keep getting the "Program has stopped working" message with either of
>> >these
>> > programs.
>> > I have cleared all 3rd party drivers in the "Compatability" section.
>> > I have a recollection that Nero 7 can interfere with these programmes,
>> > but
>> > cannot find the article in the Discussion Group
>> > I cannot find any details regarding constant crashing of the program
>> > anywhere.
>> >
>> > I am running on Vista SP1

ianc1505

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing
Thanks
I've uninstalled X Vid and made sure that my Div X codecs are the latest
versions.
Windows Movie Maker and DVD Maker don't crash now.
However, they seem much slower and not as refined as Nero 7, so I'll
continue using Nero instead.

Again, thanks.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Yeah, that's obviously a straight-forward crash in XVid. You could probably
> remove that and use FFDShow Tryouts instead and get better results. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "ianc1505" <ianc1505@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8E51326-59F8-4092-AA2F-4270A5F12BD0@microsoft.com...
> > There are several reports, as this has happened several times.
> > All seem to be X-Vid or DivX related.
> > Here is one:
> >
> > Product
> > Windows Movie Maker
> >
> > Problem
> > Stopped working
> >
> > Date
> > 26/01/2008 10:53
> >
> > Status
> > Report Sent
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> > Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
> > Fault Module Name: xvidcore.dll_unloaded
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 46a74f0c
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Offset: 092d1468
> > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 2057
> > Additional Information 1: fd00
> > Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> > Additional Information 3: fd00
> > Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> >
> > Extra information about the problem
> > Bucket ID: 634749906
> >
> > However, I assume that I need DivX in order to play DivX .avi files (or am
> > incorrect?), so do not want to uninstall it.
> >

> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> What are the specific details for the crash according to the Problem
> >> Reports
> >> and Solutions Center control panel, under View Problem History?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

stromm8

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing

hi, i also experience this problem everytime i attempt to publish, any
idea? the error i get:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_552f
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 552f
Additional Information 2: 1f85921948dd07bfec041c7ea8d9cf72
Additional Information 3: ee70
Additional Information 4: c3a8611dd2cd24af8e6e9a8b51d9ff9b

--
stromm8
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing

Ah, this should be easy - you have Voxware MetaSound on your system.
Disable or remove that codec (renaming msms001.vwp would be key) and you
should be good to go.

How did that old noxious codec get onto your system?

Note that this should be "fixed" in Vista SP1, which will block this broken
memory-corrupting codec from being used. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.

"stromm8" <stromm8.33v872@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> hi, i also experience this problem everytime i attempt to publish, any
> idea? the error i get:
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_552f
> Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
> Exception Code: c0000374
> Exception Offset: 000af1c9
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 552f
> Additional Information 2: 1f85921948dd07bfec041c7ea8d9cf72
> Additional Information 3: ee70
> Additional Information 4: c3a8611dd2cd24af8e6e9a8b51d9ff9b
>

> --
> stromm8

stromm8

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing

Thanks, i did find the voxware file and renamed it- no go. So I deleted
the directory altogether, still getting the crash. Do I need to
unregister something or, how do I display all the codecs? This is the
last error message i got and the Fault Module Name Stackhash has
changed. Still looking into how I got this voxware codec in my system.

Thanks.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_5728
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5728
Additional Information 2: 98341865468a068d3aa4bfe45df74fc9
Additional Information 3: 91ab
Additional Information 4: 29d7c9957c458dc9399b65384aa8966e

--
stromm8
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing

What directory was it installed to?
Is msms001.vwp still on your system?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"stromm8" <stromm8.33vldz@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Thanks, i did find the voxware file and renamed it- no go. So I deleted
> the directory altogether, still getting the crash. Do I need to
> unregister something or, how do I display all the codecs? This is the
> last error message i got and the Fault Module Name Stackhash has
> changed. Still looking into how I got this voxware codec in my system.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_5728
> Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
> Exception Code: c0000374
> Exception Offset: 000af1c9
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 5728
> Additional Information 2: 98341865468a068d3aa4bfe45df74fc9
> Additional Information 3: 91ab
> Additional Information 4: 29d7c9957c458dc9399b65384aa8966e
>

> --
> stromm8

stromm8

Re: Movie Maker / DVD Maker keeps crashing

It was installed in a folder called VoxWare under my user downloads
directory. The file no longer exists anywhere on my drive (at least a
search confirms this). I did a search in the registry and found an
entry pointing to that specific folder, but since the folder doesn't
exist anymore I don't think it should be a problem.

When I try to display the Technical Information in the Help link of the
Media Player, it crashes the Media Player. The error:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344
Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_55e8
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 55e8
Additional Information 2: e9a3bfa1b601bfef53c2b4770680eb31
Additional Information 3: 4b66
Additional Information 4: 75d162403c0300ffe50f6cd3a3124ac5

Thanks very much for helping. When is the official release of the SP1,
next month?

--
stromm8