Videos on www.thestreet.com with Vista

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=

Videos on www.thestreet.com with Vista
Nothing happens when I click the videos. I downloaded Flash etc. No problem
viewing them in Firefox.. Thoughts/?

TIA
=?Utf-8?B?V2VsY29tZSBCYWNr?=

RE: Videos on www.thestreet.com with Vista
I had the same problem on a portable with Vista Home Premium. After reading
up on the new features I decided to try it without Protected Mode enabled.
It has worked every time so far. If I turn Protected Mode back on it stops
working again. From a browser window use Tools>Internet Options>Security and
uncheck the Enable Protection Mode box. Then open a new window and try the
videos.

I'll leave it to MVPs to explain why this works, and maybe comment on any
security issues, although they only seem to respond to certain posters, many
of these posts are going without a response. I'm using a DSL modem and
router.

Hopefully one of the future Updates will fix the problem.
--
BT

"Frank" wrote:

> Nothing happens when I click the videos. I downloaded Flash etc. No problem
> viewing them in Firefox.. Thoughts/?
>
> TIA

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Videos on www.thestreet.com with Vista

They're just using Flash, aren't they? If you're hitting DEP errors in
Flash, that sounds like you have a problem that Adobe would likely be able
to help sort out. I'd check with them for updates...

--
Speaking for myself only.