Re: Resize Pictures

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaCBNYWM=?=

Re: Resize Pictures
does anyone have a fix when the email option on picture gallery or explorer
doesn't open a new email. It prompts me to resize and attach, but never
opens the message.

"Jeremy Mercer [MSFT]" wrote:

> Here's a useful workaround. When you email pictures, you have the option to
> resize them before sending. So from Explorer, right click on the image and
> chose "Send To->Mail Recipient." Choose the size you want. If this is your
> first time using mail, you'll be asked to provide email settings. If you
> won't be using email, you can just specify a few random characters in each
> field. A email will be generated that contains your resized image(s) as
> attachments. You can drag them from the email and do with them as you wish.
> Then close the email without sending.
>
> "dracodoom" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info. I was hoping for it to be included but I will keep a
> > very close watch for it being added as a power toy. It helps me tremendously
> > as an email administrator for my company as most of the emails that exceed
> > allowed size are due to very large pictures being sent to us. We also use it
> > maintain a very large photo database that our users can access over the
> > internet.
> >
> > "John Thornton [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the suggestion. The powertoy like feature you are referring to
> > > won't be incoperated into Vista. I can't say for certain at this time, but
> > > I suspect we rev the most handy of the powertoys for Vista shortly after
> > > RTM.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > John Thornton
> > > Program Manager - Vista Photos Imaging and eXperience
> > >
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Barb Bowman

Re: Resize Pictures
what email client are you using and is it set as the default?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaCBNYWM=?=

Re: Resize Pictures
I am using outlook 2007 and yes it has been set as the default

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> what email client are you using and is it set as the default?
>
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:05:10 -0800, Josh Mac <Josh
> Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >does anyone have a fix when the email option on picture gallery or explorer
> >doesn't open a new email. It prompts me to resize and attach, but never
> >opens the message.
> >
> >"Jeremy Mercer [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Here's a useful workaround. When you email pictures, you have the option to
> >> resize them before sending. So from Explorer, right click on the image and
> >> chose "Send To->Mail Recipient." Choose the size you want. If this is your
> >> first time using mail, you'll be asked to provide email settings. If you
> >> won't be using email, you can just specify a few random characters in each
> >> field. A email will be generated that contains your resized image(s) as
> >> attachments. You can drag them from the email and do with them as you wish.
> >> Then close the email without sending.

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: Resize Pictures
I can duplicate this on Vista Ultimate x64 here. What version of
Vista are you using?

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:51:50 -0800, Josh Mac
<JoshMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using outlook 2007 and yes it has been set as the default
>
>"Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
>> what email client are you using and is it set as the default?
>>
>> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:05:10 -0800, Josh Mac <Josh
>> Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >does anyone have a fix when the email option on picture gallery or explorer
>> >doesn't open a new email. It prompts me to resize and attach, but never
>> >opens the message.

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP
>> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
DBourne

Re: Resize Pictures
I'm having this exact same problem. (I right-click, selct "Send to...Mail
Recipient", select size, selct "Attach", and then no mail window opens up.
Nothing happens.)

I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. Outlook is
set as my default mail software with all associations for extensions and
protocols.

I am desperate to determine why this is not working. Any help would be so
appreciated. Thank you.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> I can duplicate this on Vista Ultimate x64 here. What version of
> Vista are you using?
>
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:51:50 -0800, Josh Mac
> <JoshMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am using outlook 2007 and yes it has been set as the default
> >
> >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
> >
> >> what email client are you using and is it set as the default?

> >> --
> >>
> >> Barb Bowman
> >> MS Windows-MVP
> >> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> >> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
> >>

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

JP Pasini

Re: Resize Pictures
I┬┤m having the exact same problem: I select the photos, click on "send
email", select the appropiate size an BOOM. After "compresing" the photos in
a split second in the temps, nothing ever happens...

I need an answer!! Microsoft?! Where are you?!?!
Thanks!

"DBourne" wrote:

> I'm having this exact same problem. (I right-click, selct "Send to...Mail
> Recipient", select size, selct "Attach", and then no mail window opens up.
> Nothing happens.)
>
> I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. Outlook is
> set as my default mail software with all associations for extensions and
> protocols.
>
> I am desperate to determine why this is not working. Any help would be so
> appreciated. Thank you.
>
> "Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
> > I can duplicate this on Vista Ultimate x64 here. What version of
> > Vista are you using?
> >
> > On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:51:50 -0800, Josh Mac
> > <JoshMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I am using outlook 2007 and yes it has been set as the default

> > --
> >
> > Barb Bowman
> > MS Windows-MVP
> > Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> > http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

Shirley

Re: Resize Pictures
Did you ever find the solution to this? Microsoft says that only the
administrator can have this ability (to open an email directly from pictures
folder) but I have administrator priviledges & it still doesn't work.