Wants WMP11 to run in background

Candie

Wants WMP11 to run in background
I have created some files that I want WMP to play at various times during the
day. I have them schedule, however every time one starts the medial player
opens full screen and stays open until I close it. Is there any way to play
the files without having WMP open full screen and them have it close when the
file has finished? ( really just want to hear the sound)

Thanks.
RalfG

Re: Wants WMP11 to run in background
I don't know if it will be exactly what you want but there are a number of
freeware alarm clock type programs which can be set to go off multiple
times during the day and can also play whatever media file you want at each
of those set times. I've used one called ThroughClock myself, but only with
short audio clips, not song length sounds.

"Candie" <Candie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created some files that I want WMP to play at various times during
>the
> day. I have them schedule, however every time one starts the medial
> player
> opens full screen and stays open until I close it. Is there any way to
> play
> the files without having WMP open full screen and them have it close when
> the
> file has finished? ( really just want to hear the sound)
>
> Thanks.

Candie

Re: Wants WMP11 to run in background
Thanks, I googled ThroughClock and found it but it was not is an executable
format ThC178e.lzh, so I will keep looking. Thanks for the tip!

"RalfG" wrote:

> I don't know if it will be exactly what you want but there are a number of
> freeware alarm clock type programs which can be set to go off multiple
> times during the day and can also play whatever media file you want at each
> of those set times. I've used one called ThroughClock myself, but only with
> short audio clips, not song length sounds.
>
> "Candie" <Candie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created some files that I want WMP to play at various times during
> >the
> > day. I have them schedule, however every time one starts the medial
> > player
> > opens full screen and stays open until I close it. Is there any way to
> > play
> > the files without having WMP open full screen and them have it close when
> > the
> > file has finished? ( really just want to hear the sound)
> >
> > Thanks.

RalfG

Re: Wants WMP11 to run in background
LZH is a compressed file format, like ZIP. You'd need a 3rd party utility
like 7-Zip to uncompress it. 7-Zip freeware. The advantage of having a
utility like that is it also allows you to open other types of compressed
files, like RAR, CAB, ARJ, GZIP, TAR and others.
http://www.7-zip.org/