Windows Media Player

DCsOwn

Windows Media Player
MY WMP will not work at all. IF I try to open to open any music or video file
using WMP my system does nothing. I thought that I would try and do a
reinstall but I cannot do that. I tried to update the software but my version
is the most up to date. I am using Vista Home Premium. This is my preferred
method to view files but I am lost w/o it. Is anyone else having these
problems? Can anyone help. Thanks.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Media Player

If you right-click on the shortcut to the player and choose Run As
Administrator, does it then work?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"DCsOwn" <DCsOwn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MY WMP will not work at all. IF I try to open to open any music or video
> file
> using WMP my system does nothing. I thought that I would try and do a
> reinstall but I cannot do that. I tried to update the software but my
> version
> is the most up to date. I am using Vista Home Premium. This is my
> preferred
> method to view files but I am lost w/o it. Is anyone else having these
> problems? Can anyone help. Thanks.

ColinG

RE: Windows Media Player

"DCsOwn" wrote:

> MY WMP will not work at all. IF I try to open to open any music or video file
> using WMP my system does nothing. I thought that I would try and do a
> reinstall but I cannot do that. I tried to update the software but my version
> is the most up to date. I am using Vista Home Premium. This is my preferred
> method to view files but I am lost w/o it. Is anyone else having these
> problems? Can anyone help. Thanks.

YES! I am having exactly the same problem and judging the lack of help
coming your way, it seems as though microsoft don't think it is a very high
priority problem. Luckily for me I have a dual-boot system which provides me
with access to Windows XP which due to its more mature status has no such
problem for me.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Media Player

This is not a supported forum. If people come in here expecting help here,
that sucks for all involved. Please please refer to the Expectations of
Service section on the descriptive pages for the newsgroups:
* http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#netiquette
This is a peer supported community (read: no official support), so if people
come in expecting that help here is forthcoming, that's going to be
frustrating for all involved.